You staying out because of the election?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Smart Money, Nov 5, 2018.

1. I'm thinking more Dems in the legislature will be bearish for the markets.

I don't see anyone talking about this. Is the election a non-event? A non-market mover?

2. speedo

speedo

Just take your signals and observe your rules...the market will do what it will do.

d08, cvds16, cafeole and 3 others like this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Exactly, my algos are events agnostics.

4. Ya'll have brass ones! I'm seeing that volume is way down. People on the sidelines today. I guess today's move doesn't mean much in light trading.

5. RedDuke

RedDuke

I recall Dow making over 900 points on 10/13/2008 on very light volume. A move is a move. The key is to catch it.

6. themickey

themickey

Ya, I have 3 stocks lined up for a buy but am holding back until after the elections.
    My thinking is, quite possibly mkt will take a short term dump at the result and I don't wish to take on new positions and have them fly against me so soon. Besides that, this present bounce we have seen last few days hasn't generated enough energy to confirm we are clear of bear territory.

7. %%
    Like that;
    staying out, because i have enough@ close today- unless they gap a lot of stuff up big time[10% or more].LOL
    barchart has QQQ 48% sell; hold on 10day ma; hold[edit i misquuoted that or they changed it to buy after cloe on buyQQQ 50 day parabolic;
    40%sell on SPY, buy on 10day ma,buy on 50day parabolic time price.

96% sell on GE, 10day ma =sell, 50 day parabolic time price=sell.I told another trader good thing GE ceo bought 2,2 million shares,[@$9/+maybe he can afford that Loss??] barchart + IBD,data]....NOT sure what cutting dividend , SEC probe,or IBD using GE as an example not to buy in IBD book??:cool::cool:

8. %%
    True; but light sell volume, small down move in QQQ most likely is not bearish, NOV close. So i proved your point=paid on price.I wrongly worried about QQQ volume trending down from 100 million[bear of 2001] to 3o million,@ 30 million average= still plenty.....................................:cool::cool:

9. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Volume is definitely down today but that isn't due to the elections. The first monday of the month is usually the slowest based off my observations. Actually, the first week in the month is what I call decision week.

themickey likes this.
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

DAX was slow, no follow through, made 2 trades quick $200 profit and called it a day, not planning on trading tomorrow, US30 was slow but better.

Likely stay out tomorrow we'll see at the time mind, but if slow like today, just no point.

#10     Nov 5, 2018