Your favorite trading strategy ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TrAndy2022, Aug 12, 2022.

Your favorite trading strategy ?

1. Seasonal

5.4%
  2. Cycle

5.4%
  3. Trend Following

40.5%
  4. Momentum

40.5%
  5. Volatility

24.3%
  6. Gap

10.8%
  7. Carry

2.7%
  8. News

2.7%
  9. Fundamentals

10.8%
  10. Sentiment

5.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Your favorite trading strategy ?

2. zghorner

zghorner

I like how you made 5 threads for 1 question rather than 1 thread for 5 lol.

the more familiar/well versed you are in everything the better...only specializing in a few things you can repeat over and over with positive expectancy.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  3. ffs1001

ffs1001

OP - you missed some possibilities, eg 'earnings' and 'theta' etc

4. cannot increase the number of 10 options for the poll, so I had to limit myself. But earnings play is among news (you mean earnings for stocks I guess so that are important news) I would suggest. For Theta you can choose Volatility (as proxy for options strategies here).

5. I know that expectancy and second, the polls are limited, you cannot increase the number of options over 10, so I needed to create more threads to cover all.

6. Peter8519

Peter8519

Look at the fund managers' 13F-HR filings. Pay particular attention to new holdings and managers' with good track record.

7. Yep, I know there is also a published index tracking those here. But I am not so much into stocks at all, so this is not something for me. But thanks for mentioning it. It can have some value.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  8. If you're a trader, you trade the price chart as best you can. All else is irrelevant.

9. deaddog

deaddog

Buying assets that are increasing in price.

Darc and shuraver like this.
  10. None of those options really apply to me, exclusively.
    Maybe a few, but they are combined with other variables to reach my market hypothesis conclusion for the day ahead.

A trader trading just based on one of those options is rather silly and very limited in his approach to tackling and understanding the market.
    That would be like being guided on the edge of a mountain...and being told to ski down while blindfolded. While it may work to some extent, it's not very well-versed and precise with depth of field.

#10     Aug 12, 2022
    beginner66 and legionx like this.