IB's CTCI

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Knyyt, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Knyyt

Knyyt

Anyone know how i can get my hands on IB's CTCI ?

Regards,

2. def

def Sponsor

you can contact a sales rep. Try skelsey@interactivebrokers.com.hk (he's the sales rep in Asia but can handle things worldwide).

3. huby

huby

What is CTCI?

4. p2

p2

Computer-to-computer interface. The term is used usually by IT departments in brokerages to denote their electronic interface. It's usually a proprietary protocol. But a lot of firms (usually buy-side) use the FIX protocol.

5. IB use FIX protocal 4X....Software is available costing from free to many thousands of dollars

6. dozu888

dozu888

must have a dedicated line to use CTCI, kinda prohibitive for small guys like me. hope someday IB can offer it on the application level.

7. Knyyt

Knyyt

Heres what i have learned about IB's CTCI.

#1. Need a dedicated T1 connection to IB. No VPN,No DSL,No Cable, only a T1.
    #2. You need to do at least $2400.US in commissions, if you dont do that much in commish, you send them a check for the differance.
    #3. They really dont want to offer it to you unless you are a "Institution".

Its sad, cause i dont mind IB at all, but business is business so they are moving to second place, and will be my "backup" system.

Anyways,.. i'm off in search of a broker who will match IB's RT commission rate of $5.90US in the mini's(ES/NQ), who offer's a API with their front-end, for about 200 RT's per day. {Brokers} If your out there, send me a email, cause i will be making my decision who i will go with by the end of the week if you decide to match IB and have a API to offer me.

Regards,
    Knyyt

8. def

def Sponsor

kynt,
    not sure where you got the info but you should be able to do it with a 64K line. Your monthly minumum should not be an issue. I am going to ask a sales rep to contact you to sort out the confusion.

def

9. vahj

vahj

knyyt,

Have you concidered obtaining a eth permit from cme.
    If you have $25000 it will cost you $400 per month
    for the permit $1000 one time fee for the terminal
    and about $2 round trip e-minis.

Val

10. dozu888

dozu888

def, if you can offer CTCI without a dedicated line, please let me know.. so far this has been the show stopper for me to put up the dough for such a line.. otherwise would have been doing automatic trading a few months ago.

#10     Jul 4, 2001