Anti-Zionism Is The Same As Anti-Semitism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, May 5, 2024.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

We have regularly seen members of ET promote "Kill the Jews", "From the River to the Sea", and other genocidal crap urging the mass murder of Jews.

They try to claim that they are merely anti-zionist and not anti-semetic. At the same time they promote endless anti-semetic trope that Jews are a cabal taking over the world. Classic examples of this are continual posts by @themickey who regularly pushes nonsense from some of the most hateful anti-semetic blogs on the face of the earth.

Let's take a look at a typical example of @themickey being called out for the nonsense by multiple people. This particular time @themickey posted content about "Who Controls America" from the well known "thezog.wordpress.com" hate site. For those missing the context of ZOG, it means "Zionist Occupied Government".

At some point this type of hateful propaganda urging the mass murder of Jews and the taking of their property should be considered unacceptable; yet sadly on ET it continues day after day.

Anti-Zionism is the same as Anti-Semitism. There is no difference and it is time to stop pretending there is.

No longer an academic debate: Anti-Zionism is antisemitism
    Those who advocate for the destruction of Jews anywhere, rejoice at the harm done to Jews everywhere.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-799657

Last edited: May 5, 2024
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Anti-Zionism and Anti-Semitism are not the same. I learned that from two roommates in college...one from Israel and the other from Palestine.

A specific explanation from today's media search:
    • Anti-Semitism is "hostility and prejudice directed against Jewish people" (OED).
    • Zionism refers to the movement to create a Jewish state in the Middle East, roughly corresponding to the historical land of Israel, and thus support for the modern state of Israel. Anti-Zionism opposes that.
    • But some say "Zionist" can be used as a coded attack on Jews, while others say the Israeli government and its supporters are deliberately confusing anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism to avoid criticism.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36160928

Regardless, Israel and Palestine have been killing each other to wipe the other off the face of the planet for many decades and will continue to do so for decades to come regardless if a Democrat or Republican sits in the American Oval Office.

People that ignore the bullshit propaganda by these two countries...they live peacefully together. :cool:

wrbtrader

Last edited: May 5, 2024
    Ricter likes this.
  3. Anti-zionism is not anti-semitism. Most of the anti-zionism you see on college campuses comes from an anti-colonialism viewpoint. Saying "kill the Jews" is obviously anti-semitic. I would not say "from the river to the seat" necessarily is, but I would bet most people shouting it have no clue what it means and are simply participating in group-think. I think the protestors lack humility and self-awareness. It's hard to argue with people who think they have what's moral all figured out. I can't morally argue for any country's existence so I just accept what's there and try to work from there.

Ricter likes this.
  4. I'm personally more on Israel's side, because the Palestinians should be rising up against Hamas. It should be the Palestinians saying Hamas is a terrorist organization and we do not agree with their intentional targeting of civilians. It should be the Palestinians saying that they aren't going to let Hamas use them as human shields. However, the truth is their response towards Hamas is apathy at best. So Israel has a choice, let Hamas keep killing Israelis or accept the collateral damage of Palestinian civilians in ending the existence of Hamas.

wrbtrader likes this.
  5. mervyn

mervyn

original semitic people also include the palestinians. somehow because of the concentration camps experience, antisemitism became a word for anti-jewishness. zionism is an expansionism with military means, like the germany, japanese, us reconstruction period, colonialism from the old europe to the new world.

the problem related to the jew is that they already won a sizable land in a heavily populated area. but they are constantly wanting more via new settlements. without the full support of the us, they will be back to exile again, like the last 2000 years. btw, american jews, russian jews, etc, are not sharing the same rigidness for existence because they have new identities superseded by the old identities.

6. Ricter

Ricter

Of course. With or without Hamas, Israel is going to take their homes and their land, they think they're entitled to it.

7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It's been that way for several decades although many Americans foolishly think a President of the United States can stop it or is to blame for encouraging it.

The sad part and very predictable...Hamas and Israel will encourage American citizens to take their side and Americans gladly jump in the boat with one or the other. Yet, social media has been used as a weapon by both sides to cause unrest "outside" of their country...unrest in other parts of the world.

I saw this bullshit when I was in the military, my old man saw this bullshit when he was in the military, my grandfather, and my great-grandfather saw the same bullshit when he was in the military.

It reminds me a little of a friend who bought land and a house in Mexico...in the middle of Cartel country because she felt it was her god-given right (her exact words) as a U.S./Mexican dual citizen.

A few years later, her husband and daughter have now disappeared after several threats were made to their family.

She still lives there with security because it is her god-given right.

WTF?

One thing I've learned from the military and serving abroad...the world is truly fucked up and it surprises me every day that the human race still exists. There are too many idiot leaders and too many idiot followers of the idiot leaders, especially the religious ones.

wrbtrader

Ricter likes this.
  8. ipatent

ipatent

Now you've really gone off your rocker.

9. Ricter

Ricter

Imo the "sad part" is that a fair and proportionate response to Oct. 7 ended 34000 murders (and counting) ago.

10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Half the deaths are of Hamas militants shooting at the IDF. Somehow you forgot that part.

This is your reminder that since 2005, Hamas has deliberately murdered more residents of Gaza than Israel has killed over the years -- as outlined by Human Rights Watch.

#10     May 6, 2024