Former USA Swimming official says trans swimmer is 'destroying' sport

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ipatent, Dec 29, 2021.

1. ipatent

ipatent

Former USA Swimming official says trans swimmer is 'destroying' sport

A former USA Swimming official this week said the University of Pennsylvania’s Lia Thomas, a transgender female athlete on the Ivy League university’s swim team, is “destroying” women’s swimming, claiming “biological men” should not be allowed to compete against women.

“The fact is that swimming is a sport in which bodies compete against bodies. Identities do not compete against identities,” Cynthia Millen said Monday on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” “Men are different from women, men swimmers are different from women, and they will always be faster than women.”

Millen, who had officiated USA Swimming meets for three decades, resigned on Dec. 17 in protest of Thomas’s participation on the university’s women’s swim team.

"I can't do this, I can't support this," she wrote in her resignation letter, according to the Washington Examiner.

2. Millionaire

Millionaire

3. ipatent

ipatent

Tolerating trans people and permitting a person like this to compete as a woman are two different issues. He must have been a fairly good men's swimmer to be shattering women's records on the college level. It's a shame that the girls who trained so hard have to deal with this.

4. ipatent

ipatent

UPenn swimmers considered boycotting meet to protest transgender teammate: Report

A source told the Daily Mail that although the women ultimately decided not to go through with the boycott out of fear they would be disqualified from the Ivy League championship, some team members felt ignored by their school and the NCAA and considered ways to make their complaints heard.

Despite their frustration, "it's possible the swimmers may end up doing nothing because they are so afraid to be perceived as transphobic," said a parent of one of the swimmers.

5. Yeah, calling these women who just want to compete against other women transphobic.

I call this intimidation.

6. Wallet

Wallet

This is just pandering to a small minority of the fringe left. Vast majority of people see this for what it is, stupidity.

luisHK likes this.
  7. ipatent

ipatent

Guess which one she is.

[​IMG]

8. Wallet

Wallet

The one with the bulging Adam’s apple?

9. Overnight

Overnight

I'm keen to guess...

That one?