How much did you make daytrading or swingtrading futures in 2023?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Coin Flip, May 4, 2024.

1. Coin Flip

Coin Flip

I am curious how everyone did daytrading and/or swingtrading futures in calendar year 2023.

For context, please let us know whether you traded part-time or full-time in 2023, whether you daytrade or swing trade, what instruments you trade, and whether you are discretionary or algo, or something in between.

Also, feel free to share to your broker and any thoughts.

No need to discuss specifics of your strategy, as I don't want anyone to give out their edge.

I'll start. I daytraded part-time in 2023 and had P&L after commissions of +$3,906.72. In 2023, I traded mostly NQ and a little bit of YM. I trade completely discretionary.

My broker is Plus500, Their daytrading margins are great with only $1000 margin for NQ (though they double the margin on econ days like CPI). Their charting setup leaves a lot to be desired, but they do provide CME and CBOT data for free. Commissions are not a sticking point for me as I only make one or two trades a day.

2. SunTrader

SunTrader

CFD <> Futures

3. mervyn

mervyn

my understanding is that a us person can’t trade cfd. even though some firms are registered. amp has 1k day trade margin on nq.

4. Handle123

Handle123

5. Coin Flip

Coin Flip

Plus500 offers futures to U.S. traders. I trade futures.

6. Handle123

Handle123

It is better to rent or buy membership to exchanges if you are doing size. Been years since I used a broker.

You can contact exchanges for membership or some brokers rent out seats.

7. Overnight

Overnight

So do most other brokers. But brokers cannot offer CFD to USD-based traders. Tell us something we do not know?

CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  8. hilmy83

hilmy83

Can't believe this thing is sponsoring the Bulls. What the actual fuark