The dark side of trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Alexis_0, May 1, 2024.

1. Alexis_0

Alexis_0

The dark side of forex trading includes high volatility leading to significant losses, the prevalence of scams and frauds targeting inexperienced traders, psychological stress and emotional turmoil, addiction to trading, and the potential for excessive leverage leading to large debts. Additionally, the 24-hour market can lead to sleep deprivation and burnout, while the allure of quick profits may overshadow the importance of proper risk management and disciplined trading strategies.

2. maxinger

maxinger

I have rephrased it massively to make it positive.

The bright side of trading

The bright side of forex trading includes high volatility leading to significant gains,

the prevalence of scams and frauds targeting lazy traders leads to
    more trading opportunities for hardworking traders.

and the potential for high leverage lead to newbies needing to put in only a tiny amount into
    their trading account.
    And this provides great opportunities for newbies to reach financial freedom soon.

Additionally, the 24-hour market gives the traders great opportunities to
    trade at whatever time is convenient to them and hence
    it will lead to good sound sleep for the traders.

With high leverage, good risk management, and disciplined trading strategies, newbies
    can reach financial freedom very soon.

Learn to look for opportunities.
    And
    Don't look for problems after problems after problems.

If you want success, you have to look for opportunities, not problems.

If you want sleepless nightsssss, then look for problems, not opportunities.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  3. d08

d08

What is this AI generated post. Harvesting likes?

4. zdreg

zdreg

You are on the wrong side in the 3 card monte game.

5. smallfil

smallfil

The problem with a lot of traders (doesn't matter what they trade), is they want to get rich overnight without, learning how to properly trade, control risk, have proper capitalization. They dream in their heads the millions they are going to have, without actually doing some work towards it? Watch the Dumb Money movie. It is about the Wallstreet Bets crowed and how they ran up Gamestop (GME) to sky high levels. A couple of people in the movie, like Roaring Kitty made monies and kept it. One greedy nurse (played by America Ferrera), kept hanging on. She had over $200,000 at one point which could have changed her life. She did not cash it in. When the movie ends, she ends up losing monies and still working as a nurse. That is just so sad because, she had it in her hands but, she dropped it totally. And you do not master the skills in one sitting. It takes years as most top traders will tell you.

PPC and murray t turtle like this.
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

AI doesn't have to be concerned about .... sleep deprivation and burnout.

7. Ah some people just don't have what it takes. I get more pissed off about losing my tv remote somewhere than losing 50k in stocks.

8. Hello maxinger,

Well stated.

ChipShotTrader and maxinger like this.
  9. Dude, i have doubts you’ve ever seen 50k in your life.

TrailerParkTed, cesfx and Businessman like this.
  10. Handle123

Handle123

The problem is, whether it is trading, poker, real estate or collecting beanie babies etc, if you don't spend handful of years to get good and consistent, you are bait. Don’t expect to learn it in a few months,, you have to have 10,000 hours of screen time and stats.

Took me 7 years and 103k in losses and 8th year I made it all up and then some in scalping. The funny thing about it, what I learn in first year is what I was doing the 8th year. I figure I wasn't ready to kiss.

#10     May 1, 2024
    VPhantom, tomi01, birdman and 4 others like this.