Trading Breeds Assholes

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Dudeski, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Dudeski

Dudeski

Back in the day, a tennis coach at bollettieri academy said “Tennis breeds assholes”. The spoiled brats on the courts never outgrew their ego, and the parents were usually worse. It’s the same for the fabulous Youtube trading mentors.

Recently, I heard these “mentors” complaining about voyeurs, who are students asking questions about the mentor’s number of trades per month. This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while.

Progress, haha.

2. zdreg

zdreg

You are mixing correlation with causation.

AragornAaron and MarkBrown like this.
  3. I find that the 80/20 rule applies to all things.

Picaso likes this.
  4. I don't think trading per se necessarily breeds assholes, but, admittedly, I do think trading tends to attract a special type of personality. That does not include every idle dreamer who gives up after their first initial and inevitable failure.

Now, so called trading mentors are a very special type of asshole who seek to prey on gullible newbies selling the dream which they themselves were unable to achieve.

In fact, a general rule of thumb in this business is that everyone is interested in taking your money somehow. And usually that's the outcome one way or the other. :)

Tal priel, billv, drm7 and 4 others like this.
  5. cesfx

cesfx

Greed breeds assholes

Picaso and athlonmank8 like this.
  6. zdreg

zdreg

Those wh
    "Those who can do. Those who can't teach."
    Ernest Hemingway

semperfrosty and athlonmank8 like this.
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i think its more like "traders have no tolerance for ignorance"

beginner66, Handle123 and themickey like this.
  8. Specterx

Specterx

Trading attracts hyper-competitive people, much like solo sports. There’s also roughly a 99.9% chance that a “trader” you run into on the internet is not making money, definitely not material amounts.

When it comes to many ET members one wonders how they can even afford an internet connection, let alone ostensibly make money in one of the most brutally competitive endeavors there is.

billv, jys78, drm7 and 2 others like this.
  9. zdreg

zdreg

Professional traders have no tolerance for ignorance. Their performance is the proof.

MarkBrown likes this.
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

what he said lol

#10     Apr 28, 2024