What's the easiest way to short gas lawn mowers?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wxytrader, May 3, 2024.

1. I have gone electric (EGO) for all my lawn needs, electric mower, electric snow blower (up in Canada it is customary to give snow blowers as house warming gifts), electric tiller/mulcher, electric leaf blower, electric chain saw, electric weed wacker...everything!

Not to mention electric car...electric bikes, waiting for electric quads to come out.

It is so much better. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2024
    jys78 likes this.
  2. schizo

schizo

Well, duh. By going cordless. :D Who needs a cord these days?

jys78 and EdgeHunter like this.
  3. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Difficult. Most major manufacturers have a lineup of gas and electric mowers, so they are already on board. The only other option is to short crude which is still very much in play. You may want to look into EGO and Greenworks since they specialize in this type of equipment.

4. It's all EGO and yardworx for the tiller and chainsaw I think. EGO puts out great products.

5. I thought cordless was implied. :)

MarkBrown likes this.
  6. poopy

poopy

Contrary to popular belief... there ARE stupid questions. Your junior high bio-teacher was wrong.

athlonmank8, newwurldmn and SunTrader like this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

short stock of TTO

Last edited: May 3, 2024
  8. Overnight

Overnight

On the question of shorting a company that is manufacturing small gas engines, I understand the neanderthal thinking...

If a company stops making small ICE engines, the company goes bust and I make millions shorting the stock.

But, you do not realize that the companies that make those small ICE engines are very large companies, and can manufacture a great many number of other things not ICE.

The biggest example in the past year, I believe, is Honda (or is it Yamaha?)...They have indicated that they are shutting down their small-engine manufacturing...They are done, finite, kaput.

That does not mean the company as a whole is going to collapse and you should short them.

Sheesh, Learn to read a 10-Q? Or listen to appropriate music?

Or both at the same time?

murray t turtle likes this.
  9. Hi everyone.

I want to share with you the path I went through and how I found a strategy that works for me. To be honest, I thought it would take a bit more time, but I am grateful now mostly to myself, for not giving up. I have always been fascinated by short selling, so I don't spend too much time in front of the screen. I was following a lot of different gurus and coaches to learn something new and useful, usually, I was just getting confused, that's all. But, about a year ago I started studying the biggest intraday price drops at the beginning of the session. And, I studied those that were falling the whole day. I was looking for common denominators to clarify why they fall.

Just after one week, everything was clear. I will share with you everything here. I even put together a practical course so everyone can learn it for free.

After I found this not-tested strategy, I started back-testing it, I took the most expensive TradingView subscription to go in history as far as possible. My funds have been amazing. It worked in the past over and over again. Once I've got that out of the way I decided to paper trading this strategy. Of course, there was much more to tune, but it is always like this. But, I finally got to the point where I became consistent for more than a yer. The feeling... I don't know how to explain. You need to live it.

So, tune in because I will give you a juice now.

Btw, here is the link to the strategy you may grab for free here, I created a link but it won't last forever, but I don't make rules at Udemy, here is the link if you can't get it for free anymore.

Let's get to the strategy, I may share it because since I trade only, I've got more time.

So, first I am looking for stocks that are breaking important trendline or S/R line on a daily ( they are gaping through. this trendline or s/r and there is price action on pre-market with visible premarket s/r), the best scenario is, if on the day before we have had a lot of buyers, but not necessary. I've got a preset screener and I will share it too. It is all of course anyway.

If this setup is meant to work, there are three scenarios possible only but I will share only the best one so you will get good results.

After opening, I do nothing until I see a break down-through pre-market s/r and I'm waiting for a bearish flag just under s/r from pre-market. Once a flag is done, I see a breakdown from the flag, I wait until the candle is finished and I open the position after candle completion. If the candle is too long, I'm waiting for some setback.

Now listen carefully, everything forks only at 1-minute intervals. I checked it all.

Here is an example of how it works.

Example 1 / Example 2 / Example 3 / Example 4 / Example 5

Of, course I've got example after example but it is better if you back-test using some charting software and train your eye ofr this strategy. Thais is what I did and I do recommend it too.

Here is how it should look on daily

Example 1 / Example 2 / Example 3 / Example 4

There are a couple of important things you need to remember when trading this strategy.

1. You will trade only the first day and you don't trade if at broken trend or s/r wasn't any sign of consolidation on a daily or hourly.

2. You don't trade into weekly s/r, this will end up bad most often.

3 You don't trade into EMA50 and EMA200

In those cases you may lose money, if you don't know, now you know, it is all in this course anyway.

Now, intraday. Sometimes you may see that flags are a little bit too aggressive to the upside, they have some long green candles with bigger volumes. Here you have two choices... You may not trade, because those are tricky, or you wait for a confirmation at the top of the flag as like double top. After this, only the flag breaks down you are good to go down.

/Example/ - here was a tricky one but worked as usual.

As you see trading may be easy and simple, and not much is required. I don't use a lot of indicators.

In this strategy you may hold the position till the end of the day or until you get win 4 to one. That means, if you risk 100$ you win 400$, work most of the time.

If you have any questions, just ask, I think I will find time to answer.

Wish you success.

10. jys78

jys78

Canadian here. Love my ebike. Still have gas chain saw, mower, trimmer, etc. but thinking about making switch. PITA maintaining all those little gas engines.

Best brand for moderate home use?

#10     May 4, 2024