Man goes all in ($250k) in APPL puts and live streams his reaction.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 31, 2017.

1. This guy was on reddit today telling everyone he was going all in betting against APPL earnings and would live stream it. He thought due to nobody liking the iphone 7, the stock would tank and he'd make $1 million plus. Didn't quite go his way. He wore a mask to hide his identity. The action starts at 57:39 If you don't stay to watch the full 15 minutes of him freaking out, I highly recommend you at least skip to 1:12:45 to see the finale.

2. anyone can be that stupid... who says its not a paper trade

3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  4. He got the puking part right.

VPhantom, peilthetraveler and Baron like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Don't believe the hype. If someone really did that with real money, they would not post it as a video on the Interwebs.

"Hmm. I just lost $150,000. Let me post it on the Internet with my wolf mask, and ability to puke through said wolf-mask, my falling to the floor while screaming in a case of terrible method-acting, and see what people say about me on said Internet. Oh, and let me post some Google comment stream shit also, while I am at it."

It's great for Youtube hits, which is what really generates the income when the video is monetized, now isn't it. ;-)

Xela and VPhantom like this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

7. ajacobson

ajacobson

it could easily open lower tomorrow. Don't know if the story is true, but it didn't see a big rally in the cash after hours. Some disappointing analysis and he could get spike down in the AM. Enough to overcome the vol. crush - not likely, but not impossible.

8. southall

southall

At 8:17 a dialog flashes up his account number. And it starts with DU, which means its an IB demo account.

Still was 10 minutes of entertainment.. a fun lesson for people who might be tempted to gamble a few thousand on this kind of crap shoot.

There was a newb on youtube in 2008 who really lost 40k on a 1000pt sell off in the DOW, he was trading the R2K. That was real and much better than this faker.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Superstar2317, VPhantom and zdreg like this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

You got 10 minutes of entertainment out of it?!? Aww man, I feel gyped! I got only 2. :-(

#10     Jan 31, 2017
    Statistical Trader likes this.