Any good broker for market making??

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by windwave, May 29, 2024.

1. windwave

windwave

IB sent me an email saying they don't allow MM strategies.
    Is there any US stock broker that provides:
    * low or negative limit order execution fee
    * support frequently updating new order
    * better have a good API or web service

Thanks!

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. lime

lime

Can you give an example or two what problems you ran into with IBKR?

murray t turtle and MoreLeverage like this.
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Was this from Equity, Option or Futures orders? Were you try to be on both sides of the market to open?

murray t turtle and zdreg like this.
  4. windwave

windwave

They simply say in email that they have a monitor to detect market marking strategy, which is not allowed.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. windwave

windwave

Equity only. Yes, both sides

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If you would like information on our APIs for equity trading, email me at rmorse@lightspeed.com. Sound like you are just scalping.

7. ajacobson

ajacobson

Most of the options exchanges offer professional customer access. It will allow you to be on both sides of a quote. You can chat with their membership departments. You'll still need a broker and it will lower your variable costs, but your application, technology, data, clearing capital, and other requirements will stagger you. Parallax in your hometown is a Pro Customer. Some of the small option venues might be a good place to start your search.
    With the number of option venues just being on the NBBO doesn't mean you'll ever see paper. If you are simply scalping it is unlikely it's worth the fixed costs.

The entire structure doesn't sound fair, but that's the state of the industry. A couple of brokerages now claim negative commissions on PFOF names.

Good luck!

Last edited: May 29, 2024
    windwave, murray t turtle and zdreg like this.
  8. Try alpaca

windwave likes this.
  9. lime

lime

I submit limit orders on both sides frequently for some just-for-fun scalping..never had issues

10. tony.m

tony.m

Tell them you are a student market maker.

#10     May 30, 2024