Daily Support & Resistance Levels and Other valuable Info for Futures Traders...

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by CannonTrading_Ilan, Sep 15, 2020.

1. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

upload_2020-12-16_13-29-30.png

#71     Dec 16, 2020
  2. Overnight

Overnight

You should really flip over your CL to February. Only 2 trading left to LTD. Might as well switch NG too, that is rolling as we speak.

#72     Dec 17, 2020
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Yup Cl volume is greater on Feb contract currently and will be the same tomorrow for NG.

#73     Dec 17, 2020
    CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  4. CannonTrading_Ilan

Levels for 12-17-20 and thank you @Overnight for the Feb Crude notice:

upload_2020-12-17_13-43-55.png

Some notes from today's blog:

Gold Daily Chart here. Sympathy rally with Bitcoin?

End of the year rally?

Need to see a close above 1900 to get a bit more excited about this one.

Time will tell.

Quick educational tips:

1. Look for high volume markets with a thin spread, so orders are filled quickly and it has high volatility, so there are opportunities for 2 to 4 good trades during the day. The Emini S&P500 Index Future is a good example of this type of market (Each point is worth $50, split into 4 ticks of $12.50 and there are 4 contracts a year, traded on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange).

2. Try to minimize risk to 1% of your capital per trade, then your capital can absorb 100 consecutive bad trades. Even the best systems can expect 20% -40% loosing trades, so the 1% rule gives you room to maneuver.

3. $10-$15k is the minimum recommended risk capital you should have per Emini S&P500 contract traded - then if you lose $1000-$1500 it only represents 10% of you capital, which is recoverable compared to a $3k account where the same loss equals 50% of your account, consequently you are more likely to lose the remainder of your capital rather than recover the loss. If you don't have the higher risk capital, limit yourself to the MICROS - 1/10th the size.

4. Limit the hours you trade – the more you trade, the more exposed you are to human weaknesses, frustration and more. Just like an athlete you need to preserve your trading (playing) time....

Would you like to read more?

#74     Dec 17, 2020
    SunTrader likes this.
  5. CannonTrading_Ilan

#75     Dec 18, 2020
  6. CannonTrading_Ilan

From my colleague, Al Bicoff:

Winter solstice 2020, the shortest day of year is today, combined with the

SATURN / JUPITER CONJUNCTION WHICH HASN'T OCCURRED IN nearly 400 years, and haven't been observable this close together at night since medieval times, in 1226.

MARKET TECHNICIANS USIING ASTROLOGY HAVE THEIR MASSIVE VOLATILITY TODAY!!

On a different note, bit more humorous....as we head into the holiday season and 2021!

The trader’s prayer

May I never be facing north when the markets headed south, and may locked limit always be on my side.

May the money left on the table be someone else’s and may my pockets be deeper than the correction.

✋ May I always be 5 minutes ahead of the market, And may my order have a clear path to the pit.

✋ And if this one is a winner, I swear I quit!

Levels for 12/22/2020

upload_2020-12-21_13-4-36.png

#76     Dec 21, 2020
  7. Overnight

Overnight

And I'm gonna' miss it, because we're totally overcast. The New England coast can really SUCK ASS sometimes. God-damned ocean-effect fog!

#77     Dec 21, 2020
  8. CannonTrading_Ilan

Boo...but I bet it is a beautiful coast?

#78     Dec 21, 2020
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Yeah, if you like rocks. Pfffht. Best coast to me is a nice sandy beach on the Atlantic. South shore of Long Island for the win!

#79     Dec 21, 2020
    CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  10. CannonTrading_Ilan

Happy holidays!!

#80     Dec 21, 2020