What 3rd Party Programs are available to trade with Fidelity?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by David Donner, Jun 25, 2021.

1. What other software is sold by others that let people trade with Fidelity?
    The fidelity active trader pro is horrible for fast trading.

2. R1234

R1234

I would be interested to find such a software as well. I find that Active Trader Pro goes 'stale' if I leave it open for an extended period. Yesterday, after having left it open for several hours I was seeing option chains where bids were higher than the asks. It got resolved after I shut it down and restarted.

3. Fidelity does not have an open API and does not seem at all interested in providing one. Medved Trader is the only 3rd party software that works with it as far as I know. We had to do the integration via their website, so feature availability is restricted to what is available on the site. The integration is for trading only, so you would have to use another datafeed in Medved Trader for the quotes. As far as trading capabilities, I have been using it myself for the past two weeks because their fills are much better than TD Ameritrade's. That gave me a chance to fix a bunch of stuff and optimize it a bit. Few notes:

Since they do not have push notification on their site, MT has to poll the transactions, positions, balances, which may add slight delay in getting feedback. That is the part that I was optimizing.

Sending orders is fast. Getting response back on the status - slower than TD Ameritrade, IB or others that have push notification, but should still get info updated within a couple seconds for transactions.

Positions seem to update a bit slower - but not because of MT. Seems that their webpage is a bit late reflecting latest position data. MT will poll for a few extra seconds after any fill in order to make sure it got the updated data.

Had some issues with login where it would occasionally fail in MT, but I think I just got that fixed last night.

Overall, works well. Good for about 450 trades over the past few days, so was good enough for that volume. And definitely better than ATP. has hotkeys, DOM, etc..

All the changes are in the beta version except the login fix. That will be in beta before Monday, though if you want to get setup, just email MT support and we will get you the update now.

4. Do you have plans for an L2 screen over the DOM?
    I could never get into the DOM trading.
    I have always used L2 since the 1990s.

5. terr

terr

MT has L2, DOM and Depth Charts :)

6. and trading is available on the Level II screen directly, including displaying open orders. I have TD Ameritrade Level II data, and then change trading accounts on the window between various accounts at TDA and Fidelity

7. Do you know Fidelity have 390 trades/day internal rule like TDA has? Thank you!

8. I am not aware of Fidelity having that restriction. As far as I know, TD Ameritrade seems to be the only one that enforces that. Only reference I found anywhere for that 390 rule was for options trading, not stocks. I tried to get clarity from TDA about it, but was not successful.

freeman311122 likes this.
  9. bookish

bookish

dont use fidelity, they steal.

10. Huh?

#10     Jun 28, 2021