1:1 Risk:reward gives me a 90% win rate but...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by metatrader54, Jul 4, 2019.

1. padutrader

padutrader

generally the market tops out in a process....one such process i have shown in your chart top.png

#11     Jul 4, 2019
  2. padutrader

padutrader

if you like pm me

we could connect and i could guide you on week ends going forward

i do connect with a few

i am no expert..but i do not need to be

to give some directions up to you
    pm me

#12     Jul 5, 2019
  3. padutrader

padutrader

it does not have to be very complicated structure but it can be basic...
    .i do not want o put any more charts here

as you can see there are snipers waiting to shoot at any thing that moves.

pm me if you like

and i will show you some basic stuff

otherwise all the best in your wonderful journey ahead

#13     Jul 5, 2019
  4. expiated

expiated

I trade Forex as well, so understand I am not an options trader or whatnot commenting on your post from a general perspective. That said, from my experience, what you wrote is par for the course when it comes to Forex. This is simply the way price behaves when it comes to exchange rates.

If you are going to let your profits run, you are going to need a definitive way of recognizing when a run is in progress and when it is over. Just as an example, I might opt to remain long for the duration as long as the rate maintains a position above the black moving average pictured below, and stick with short positions so long as the rate stays below it.

example.png

It was only last month that I introduced what you mentioned—adjusting my system for higher RR ratios. The way I am going about it is to use daily charts to reveal price range from a broader perspective, and then using lower timeframes to time my entries. For instance, I’m currently waiting to buy USDCAD for potential profits of several hundred pips, but so far, the pair has demonstrated it is not yet ready to turn north.

USDCADDaily.png

I find that with currency pairs, I have to give myself at least 30 to 40 pips leeway if I do not wish to be stopped out by the market makers and their shenanigans. But outside of the New York session and perhaps the first couple of hours of the London session, rates often oscillate up and down a mere ten pips or so. Consequently, using take profit vs stop loss of approximately 1:1 had been the norm for me ever since 2015. And as I mentioned before, if you go for more than that without a valid means of determining when to abandon your plan...it’s like you said...your win rate will very likely turn to manure.

#14     Jul 5, 2019
    OSN_invest and metatrader54 like this.
  5. Onra

Onra

Hi Magic,
    Are you talking about something other than PA or are you referring to DOM/Level 2?

#15     Jul 5, 2019
  6. padutrader

padutrader

you have given away some very valuable inside info about forex....:D

#16     Jul 5, 2019
  7. if you have 90% win rate consistently with 1:1 you should be trading that live

#17     Jul 5, 2019
    SimpleMeLike and padutrader like this.
  8. padutrader

padutrader

once forex is understood it is the easiest money and pretty fast too especially,if you can use leverage sensibly, or like i do ,rashly.
    sorry this is off topic

#18     Jul 5, 2019
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Sorry, but your going to train a guy with a claimed 90% win rate ??? your going to train him to only win 20% of the time ???

Funniest post EVER!!!

Snipers only get 1 shot, before the enemy knows they are there, then it's time to crawl into a hole to try to survive the artillery and mortar fire they'll call in on your location, because disappearing, so you wait for a high value target.

#19     Jul 5, 2019
  10. I am. That’s how I get the stats. Not randomly drawn from inaccurate manual backests.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    #20     Jul 5, 2019