10 Yr T-Note

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by rossbennett34, Feb 3, 2009.

1. I have just opened up my first futures account with a broker that offers a lot of recommendations, research, support, hand-holding, etc for new clients like myself. The two contracts I will be trading are the 10 Yr T-Notes and Corn. I have experience trading FX and investing in stocks.

I have spent a lot of time just watching the markets as opposed to demo trading and real money trading so I don't get cocky or develop bad habits. One thing I have noticed is that the ZN trends very well but does not respect support & resistance consistently. The FX markets tend to work there way between S/R and have strong breakouts with a lot of momentum when trading breakouts.

Watching the ZN I have noticed that when a major support level is broken there is a quick break and then a big pullback.

Support/Resistance setups will work all day in FX. What are some setups that you all have found to work consistently, >60% accuracy. Fibonacci levels, candlestick patterns, etc?

I'm just trying to get a feel for the way traders move the ZN markets and consistent setups that folks here have found to be profitable.

Thanks!

Ross

2. learn Market Profile, read "Mind over Markets"
    also pay attention the Cash market which is the yield curve and read the thread called "anyone else short the US 30 bond" there are a lot of good real traders on that one.