2010 Flash Crash —Intraday Charts?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by 123abc, Jul 29, 2017.

1. 123abc

123abc

Much appreciated if somebody can provide the following 2 intraday charts of the May 6th 2010 Flash Crash please...

Dow Jones Industrial Average (Cash)
    1-Min Candlestick OHLC
    RSI(14)

Dow Jones Industrial Average (Cash)
    5-Min Candlestick OHLC
    RSI(14)

2. I remember that day vividly, was trading YM (Dow Futures), and had recently initiated a SWING long.

At the time I didn't use stops, particularly on swings and futures. After I placed the order my son had a pediatrician appointment and shortly left to the Doc's office.

After 2-3 hours I came back home and eventually went to my office to check my trades. I could not believe my eyes, I had no idea what had happened, best of all, I was up 40 bucks or 7-8 ticks.

Fast forward 7 years to a much more experienced trader and the irony is I would have gotten stopped.

3. comagnum

comagnum

I remember that day also - in detail. I had been short on the Indexes for a few days. I had a flight to catch and was just making sure my stops were set - my profit window went insane as my ride appeared - shooting up about $80K in a wink - tried to exit with no luck. At days end I got out with the profits I had going into the day. Like many I halted trading for about 6 months after that to figure out some counter measures going forward.

Flash_Crash.PNG

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  4. luisHK

luisHK

Just rewatched a couple of videos from that day. That was rough.
    Anyone has charts for GC/Gold during the flash crash ?

5. algofy

algofy

Yeah that pit squawk vid is great.

6. 123abc

123abc

*bump*

7. algofy

algofy

You can't look this up yourself?

8. 123abc

123abc

If I could, I wouldn't be asking! :)

Come on people, just asking for two charts!

9. Google image '2010 flash crash chart'

10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Here ya go:
    Dow flashcrash 1 min.png Dow flashcrash 5 min.png

#10     Aug 5, 2017