2022 New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'Trading' started by smallfil, Jan 1, 2022.

1. smallfil

smallfil

2021 was a good year for me but, I always believe there is room for improvement to grow as a trader. Looking at my trading journal, I see that I let a number of losses grow larger. That would be one of my 2022 goals, reduce and cut losses faster. Improve the screening process of stocks to trade. This part for me can stand greater improvement. The stocks you pick to trade, has a huge impact on your trading results. I hope to improve in that.

NumberZ likes this.
  2. I have an options strategy that in normal times is profitable every year. Back testing showed it would have been profitable when I got panicked out of the market in 2020. Many years of stats show this works- so why don't I trade it every month? Trade the method. That is the resolution.

3. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

My trading resolutions would not change one bit. In fact I might even try day trading. So far everything I have said has come true. But I am going to keep a humble attitude about it because I know that can get me in trouble. I am not some warren buffet with insider sources, but a human being.

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

it’s hard to hold a position (especially a short vol one) when it’s moving against you and every further move against you causes exponentially more pain.

jys78 likes this.
  5. tomkat22

tomkat22

To grow a pair. I'm still to overly cautious and timid when a good set-up appears. Have confidence my system works and take the damn trade.

the dude, Windlesham1 and smallfil like this.
  6. You do NOT need to grow a pair, you need confidence. That comes with practice and the sooner you do it, the better. For 30 days, do not buy more than 100 shares of any given stock. Then gradually increase your size little by little. That will enable you to develope your own style that works for you.

qlai likes this.
  7. zghorner

zghorner

To start living a genuine life that is authentic to me.

comagnum likes this.
  8. Ski 80 days (not gonna happen)

tonyf likes this.
  9. tomkat22

tomkat22

Maybe I should have said grow a BIGGER pair. I usually take a small starter position but I just need to increase the size overall.I have the capital/leverage I just need to deploy it more aggressively.

10. How many of us have absolutely NO support from a partner?

#10     Jan 2, 2022