25 Years & $100 Million Profits... A to your Q's, Today Only

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Jan 1, 2008.

1. pismo10

pismo10

I would think the e-mini market could absorb a couple hundred contract order without much trouble.

#291     Jan 11, 2008
  2. Hi, qnome,
    Thanks for the thread.

In one reply you mentioned you mostly use double bottom and double top. I don't how long you hold your positions, but since you have made 100 mil, I'd guess you don't do day trading. DBL top and DBL bottom don't happen very often. What do you do if you don't see a double top or bottom for a while. Do you park your money sideline?

How long do you hold your positions?

If you buy at the double bottom, but few day later when it develops, it is not going up as you expected. What do you do? Do you just exit out or go another direction (short).

Thanks,

freewilly

#292     Jan 11, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

1. I never said, "I mostly play double bottom/top"... it's only one setup to play.... intraday or daily charts.

2. Some plays are held for only minutes.. some for days or weeks... market action/charts dictate. There are only 3 possibilites... long, short or cash. Figure out if one "appears obviously wrong" and don't do that. Then the question becomes "when" to do the others.

#293     Jan 11, 2008
  4. Hi gnome

I read a couple books that say 'the majority' or 'most' of wall street players are pay more attention to fundamentals rather than technical analysis

is that accurate in your opinion?

thanks

#294     Jan 11, 2008
  5. Hi, Gnome,
    Thanks for answering my question.

Do you do longs more than shorts? For me, I find short is very hard, as when the stock price goes down, the pattern becomes very erratic (to me at least).

Thanks,

freewilly

#295     Jan 11, 2008
  6. I've already stated Gnome is a fraud. You can stop asking him questions now.

#296     Jan 11, 2008
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

And you know this how?

#297     Jan 11, 2008
  8. Too bad I couldn't ask questions before.

Gnome : Never had any idea you were such a high roller hehe.

The fact that you have that much money and still took the time to answer my phone call to help me out with my graphics cards is impressive.

Definitely have your ego in check...

#298     Jan 15, 2008
    lawrence-lugar likes this.