2k and SPY - not SPX - options

Discussion in 'Journals' started by deltaf0rce, Apr 2, 2020.

1. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

Pretty self explanatory. Going to hold swing trades on 2k on SPY options.

And to make it fun, i will post the activity on the account as much as possible with screenshots. Also, what song I am listening to when I put the trade on.

Extra fun: got blown out two weeks ago and have no intraday margin. So until I grind back up to 25k, you're looking at a lot of directional bets on super short term expy's in type cash.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

Here we go. Starting balance. Wire has cleared. Bonus item: margin call shot.

3. hhiusa

hhiusa

$2K is not enough money to buy SPX index options unless you are buying deep out of the money. I have not check today, but even a 2200 put that expires in two weeks is going for ~5K.

You would have to buy a ~3200C or ~2000P.

Are you talking S&P 500 micro futures, not options? Are you trading the SPY instead?

deltaf0rce likes this.
  4. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

You're right. Off to a good start. SPY it is. I don't come in this low but grinding is a challenge, develops good habits, like bunting in baseball when your eye is off the ball.

5. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

6. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

L (1) 248 4/3 C 3.50
    spot: 247.80
    song: NIN - Less Than

7. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

+1, 3.25 same series
    spot: 247.35
    BIG - Hypnotize

8. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

9. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

Probably keep powder dry now until tomorrow....going to need to avg the position down

10. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

thus far...the arrows indicate entry points . https://www.tradingview.com/x/Qw5pym8q/

here is the pnl so far, positions open so not worth shit

Good thing about trading in the cash account is that you have to seriously respect your position sizing as you cannot day trade (ie stop out or else face consequence of, your broker will turn you off). so good discipline hence the small ball analogy

#10     Apr 2, 2020