$73,000 for a 1 night stay in hospital because of a snake bite

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 10, 2009.

1. And would have cost AUD $0 in an Australian hospital.

#51     Aug 10, 2009
  2. Bob111

Bob111

just wait until government steps in and tax or regulate to death this biz. or simply close it,because it will represent competition to new, government provided health care

#52     Aug 10, 2009
  3. Evidence, other than your fevered brow?

#53     Aug 10, 2009
  4. Just wait until Republicans step in and tax or regulate to death this biz. or simply close it, because it will represent competition to old, Republican provided health care.

#54     Aug 10, 2009
  5. axehawk

axehawk

And to think that there are dumbass Americans standing & screaming at these "townhall meetings" that they don't want government-run health care. LOL.

If I get bit by a rattlesnake in Canada,
    I doesn't cost me one cent.
    :D

#55     Aug 10, 2009
  6. spinn

spinn

we dont want the govt giving even more money to scumbag drs.

#56     Aug 10, 2009
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I disagree. There is NO WAY his life is worth more than $5500....

And that is pushing it.

#57     Aug 10, 2009
  8. markcfd

markcfd

I hear ya,
    The USA system is pathetic. We simply have to pay a small % extra taxes ie 1% or there abouts and you are pretty right for everything ( you need ambulance cover though which is only about $100 a year for families) You dont want to pay it in tax then you can get private cover (and it aint 300 a month and all this BS try 300-500 a year) and you can have your jazzed up private room and pay some of the bill aswell.

All this talk about the medical system in the US really makes me think twice about our plans to move there in the future

#58     Aug 10, 2009
  9. A glorious example of price gouging.

#59     Aug 10, 2009
  10. I had to go in ambulance once, very expensive, so if you can drive yourself to the hospital or have a friend do so, much better.

I just wanted some advil and water. They would not give me anything until the doc saw me. Then instead of giving me advil, they gave me morphine which is not what I wanted.

Fuck them.

#60     Aug 10, 2009