9-9-9

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chaosclarity, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Wallet

Wallet

ALL foreign aid, should be given as vouchers to purchase US made goods only.... Corporations should be given a window of substantially lowered tax rates on foreign earnings repatriated into the US. at the same time the tax rate should be increased on corporate earnings overseas and longer term tax breaks given to Companies that relocate overseas businesses back into the US.

#91     Oct 15, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Oh, is this your plan for running the government?

#92     Oct 15, 2011
  3. hayman

hayman

Yes, all great ideas, and part of what should happen. I don't hear anyone echoing this at all. I think everyone agrees that JOBS would solve a lot. Well, let's do something meaningful about it. Are there any candidates out there touting this ????????????

#93     Oct 15, 2011
  4. Why? The policies set in motion by Reagan's fiscal illiteracy are a major contributor to the current mess.

#94     Oct 15, 2011
  5. That's just another form of corporate welfare.

If you want to help, help.

If you want to promote domestic industry, do it with tariffs.

It makes zero sense to put restrictions on foreign aide with the goal of helping US companies while suicidal, irrational trade policies like MFN for China remain in place.

#95     Oct 15, 2011
  6. I'm a Ron Paul guy. I like Ron's bluntness and ideas. However, Cain has caught my attention. He as achieved a lot, he is straight forward and his Economic Plan seems to be a wise one. I have not crunched all the numbers myself, but I have not read a lot that can discredited him on the 9 9 9 plan, other than the idiot Bachman who said "Turn it Upside Down". She is still stuck in the Dogma wised tail of the the number of the best being 666, fucking idiot.

#96     Oct 15, 2011
  7. how is Cains plan going to eliminate the IRS as we know it? They still have to deal with the 9% income tax just like they always do. Changing a rate and eliminating deductions will not eliminate the IRS or even change it.

#97     Oct 15, 2011
  8. yeah but he's not talking 9% sales tax he's talking 9+9+9

#98     Oct 15, 2011
  9. and the way they were talking at the debate, not even food and medicine would be exempt, only used goods (which is the only good thing about it IMCO.)

#99     Oct 15, 2011
  10. no matter what the tax code I can figure a way around it. I'm pretty sure I could manufacture a brand new used vehicle.

#100     Oct 15, 2011