92.4% of Technical Analysis....

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by tommcginnis, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Nobert

Nobert

Yup, that, worthless, useless - technical analysis.

technical_analysis.png

#11     Feb 7, 2019
    athlonmank8, tommcginnis and wwatson1 like this.
  2. A 300 pt gap down gonna ruin him? That's like 1.2%. Must have gone bonkers on the leverage without a stop. Tsk, tsk.

#12     Feb 7, 2019
    vanzandt, traderob and Risepoint1879 like this.
  3. I thought I was watching a video of my self when I was 22 trading on IB.....nightmare!

#13     Feb 8, 2019
    tommcginnis and Nobert like this.
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I recall from the hour-long version of this, that there was one screenshot that revealed the TWS "SIMULATION" banner across the top of the screen, and that it was a total fraud, for no more than ego -- i.e., "How much of an audience reaction can I generate?" This 7minute version is but a nibble. Still, the fact that we can all identify with it, means.... we've all been at least in the neighborhood, if not eaten at the same bitter café. "Religious Trading: when you pray to God, 'PLEASE get me out of this -- I'll never trade againnnnnn!"

#14     Feb 8, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  5. Specterx

Specterx

I remember the longer version but not that it was simulated. Funny way to get an ego boost...

Either way it's a good reminder of the importance of risk management. This was the Kerviel crash on MLK 2008, big gap down after a weekend, even if this guy's losses weren't real there were likely many traders who blew out that day.

#15     Feb 8, 2019
    Nobert and tommcginnis like this.
  6. abnormal

abnormal

long version:

#16     Feb 8, 2019
    nattybumppo and tommcginnis like this.
  7. Nobert

Nobert

Wolf of Wallstreet (?)

And the previous guy in rage, hmmnn...

6:52

All in

reminds me, of me, when i couldn't understood, why , i should not invest, like more than 10% overall portfolio, to p2p platform ( small one ) ;
    i thought i will go all in, this is some nonsense 10% rule/advice, and then youtube recomended video

- ,, What is Bulls and Bears''

p.s

maybe someone knows, why , sometimes, i can't neither edit or delete my post ? ( i just don't see those as options beneath it )

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    #17     Feb 8, 2019
  8. #18     Feb 8, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

He still has the vehicle he's sitting in, plus his phone, plus his phone service. Sell it all!

I call BS.

He ain't homeless, so what is his problem? Seriously?

#19     Feb 8, 2019
  10. K-Rock

K-Rock

#20     Feb 9, 2019
    Nobert likes this.