95% of Hospitalized had Underlying Medical Conditions ... CDC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Aug 25, 2021.

1. jem

jem

CDC - Published July 1 2021

95% of the 5 million adults (rounded) had at least one medical condition

https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/21_0123.htm
    Results

Among 4,899,447 hospitalized adults in PHD-SR, 540,667 (11.0%) were patients with COVID-19, of whom 94.9% had at least 1 underlying medical condition. Essential hypertension (50.4%), disorders of lipid metabolism (49.4%), and obesity (33.0%) were the most common. The strongest risk factors for death were obesity (adjusted risk ratio [aRR] = 1.30; 95% CI, 1.27–1.33), anxiety and fear-related disorders (aRR = 1.28; 95% CI, 1.25–1.31), and diabetes with complication (aRR = 1.26; 95% CI, 1.24–1.28), as well as the total number of conditions, with aRRs of death ranging from 1.53 (95% CI, 1.41–1.67) for patients with 1 condition to 3.82 (95% CI, 3.45–4.23) for patients with more than 10 conditions (compared with patients with no conditions).

So... this thread is created as a reference to put all the fear in context.
    If Delta is worse... please post the stats.... and links.

If its worse for kids please post the stats ... and links

more at link

[​IMG]

2. jem

jem

1. I found this interesting for our old fear mongering lefties...
    Relative risk of death... "28% higher with anxiety and fear-related disorders"

2 Age... i don't even think it was listed as an underlying condition. But it increases the risk...
    so think what this says about how selfish you are if you are in favor if forcing vaccines on young healthy people and kids.

"Age-stratified analysis showed that the number of frequent underlying medical conditions (present in ≥10.0% of patients) was higher with older age (Table 3). The most frequent conditions were obesity, diabetes, and essential hypertension among patients younger than 65, and disorders of lipid metabolism, essential hypertension, diabetes, and coronary atherosclerosis among patients aged 65 or older. Among patients aged 18 to 39, essential hypertension was associated with a 26% higher risk of death (95% CI, 10%–44%), 25% higher risk of IMV (95% CI, 17%–35%), and an 11% higher risk of ICU admission (95% CI, 7%–15%). In the same age group, asthma was frequent and was associated with a 9% (95% CI, 5%–13%) higher risk of ICU admission but was not significantly associated with higher risk of IMV or death. Other specified status (CCSR category indicating a need for specific medical support, such as a wheelchair or renal dialysis) was a frequent category among patients aged 40 to 64 and 65 or older and was associated with a 7% (1%–13%) and 4% (1%–6%) higher risk of death, respectively."

3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

LOL you are so desperate to continue denying Covid is a health threat to your self proclaimed "low risk". Ok, tell me then, our little math challenged idiot, what percentage of Americans have at least one medical condition ( known or unknown ) ? Were you going to lock them all up for 16 months so you can go eat at a restaurant you selfish little bastard ? Even 3 months how you going to do it ?

You don't have any "context" that's part of the problem. Your whole shtick on Covid is retarded. The "fear" resides with you; you've obviously been scared shitless the whole time. And you are just too dumb to stfu when it's abundantly clear you've been wrong about Covid the whole pandemic.

wrbtrader likes this.
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Seeing that a large majority of Americans have at least one of those conditions -- this result is hardly surprising at all.

Imagine is 100% of Americans had one of the listed conditions -- in this case 100% of the COVID hospitalized would have had one of the underlying conditions.

So can you tell us what percentage exactly of Americans have one or more of these underlying conditions.

5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

That's the same guy from last year that preached that children were not at risk and that we only needed to protect the elderly.

We even told him that 1/3 of the population does not even know that they have an underlying medical condition which is why protecting only the elderly would be a failed attempt to manage a Covid Pandemic.

wrbtrader

6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I can only think he's mentally ill no sane person would carry on like he does and refuse to admit he was wrong. He's not alone on here the echo chamber of idiots feed off each other.

7. jem

jem

look at the triggered selfish fear mongering lefty morons... once again using strawmen arguments. Realizing they can't argue with CDC data... and its killing them...

so they go with strawman arguments I never made.

I have said from month 1... we must protect the high risk better. Morons like GWB argued for months we could not do that.

so don't try to pull my arguments into your misunderstandings of risk and proper remedies.

8. What about getting off Diet Coke, Keto diet and walking around some dirty man-made, muddy lake in East County? Low or High risk? You and your girlfriend Smallfill sure like the word Backbone.

9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You are demented and unable to see straight. You've never been able to suggest real practical solutions to any of it. Look at your posting history there were weeks and weeks of you flipping out at anyone who dared question your theories ( I had you on block for months ).

There is no real point to your shit.

10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Anyone who read his theories on medical insurance and how to get in shape knew he wasn't a very rational guy. But since Covid hit he's an off the chart loon.

#10     Aug 25, 2021