A 100% Return Strategy In TSLA - Live Trade

Discussion in 'Options' started by winstonwee, Oct 27, 2021.

1. There's a guy on YouTube who lives in Saskatchewan and drives a Tesla. I asked him how (Canadian) cold weather affected battery life. He said he suffers a 40% loss of range (500 vs 300 km).

This jives with some numbers I've heard anecdotally here in Colorado. 300 miles drops to 180-200 miles in "real" cold weather

#21     Oct 30, 2021
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Oops! And how much range does one suffer in same conditions with an ICE engne? None. In fact, it probably increases a little bit, because colder air means more dense air, which requires less fuel for the proper fuel/air mix ratio. But then OOPS, we have the stupid EPA summer/winter blend nonsense, which reduces gasoline energy output in winter. So it's a wash. Buggers!

#22     Oct 30, 2021
    morganpbrown likes this.
  3. haha, well, I was happy to have someone else fill in the blanks on this matter. As an oil company whore, I'm not allowed to weigh in. :D

#23     Oct 30, 2021
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I lost about the same. 300 watts/mile became about 450 watts/mile and on top of that I lost about 4kilowatts overnight.

#24     Oct 30, 2021
    Atikon likes this.
  5. destriero

destriero

TSLA has some room to run but will have a $60 down day this coming week (or next).

#25     Oct 30, 2021
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Holy molly, you're gonna replace Stoney as ET's savant.
    :D

#26     Oct 30, 2021
  7. well everyone is entitle to their own opinion

As I have mention if you have believe that tsla will be down below 1000 then you could have reverse the position and do a vertical put spread and profited from the down move at a 100%
    of course most of us I believe is unsure or 50/50 than you can skip the trade

I put money where my mouth is

[​IMG]
    1 week into the spread my position is up $1000 (even taking away the bid / ask spread of leaps options) I could have got out with a $500 profit anytime.
    But I held on to my belief

Short term we may see tsla going below 1000 and my account will suffer a loss

#27     Oct 30, 2021
  8. VicBee

VicBee

Yes, TSLA will fall below 1k, maybe to 800 or a bit lower... no worries, it will hit 1k again before Q4 and will move up from there as the factories start producing.

#28     Oct 31, 2021
  9. qlai

qlai

How did this go from an actionable trading idea to baseless prognostications?

#29     Oct 31, 2021
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Qlai wins the ET-rarely-used-word-of-the-week award, awarded bi-monthly.

#30     Oct 31, 2021
    qlai likes this.