A gift. Thank me after you get rich.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by BrandNewTrader, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Then again this is how the governement spent our tax dollars to get the advice of the famous Rand Group...

[​IMG]

#151     Nov 4, 2006
  2. that Fed article about CPI being OVERSTATED was good thanks

whats amazing is how ppl seem ready to bet the farm on minor changes in a single monthly stat of a particular series...

#152     Nov 5, 2006
  3. anybody heard from roub'? still bearish?

lemme know... thats a worthwhile contrarian play...

#153     Nov 15, 2006
  4. GDP, ISM, Philly Fed, housing fundamentals, deficit and inflation fundamentals ... all deteriorating rapidly. Housing is actually fvcking scary.

Market keeps going up.

Everything is right on schedule =)

lookout 2007

#154     Nov 15, 2006
  5. Arnie

Arnie

At what point do you admit you're wrong? What scenario would it take for you to change your view.

#155     Nov 16, 2006
  6. Probably after seeing 25% gains that could have been realized if he just followed the market.

#156     Nov 16, 2006
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Laputa, i think it was during Reagan years that the method of calculating the inflation rate was changed to take quality into account. (Anyone here know for sure? ) This gives a significantly lower figure for inflation and therefore the government saves billions on entitlements that are indexed to inflation. There is also savings from lower TIPS interest (a good reason not to buy TIPS), and to the extent that our creditors are hoodwinked by these lower inflation numbers, we save billions in servicing and financing the national debt. Inflation is welcomed by those with heavy debts, provided their incomes adjust upward with inflation. In the case of the US, however, it is likely that incomes will not keep pace with real inflation, though they might come close to keeping up with the official figure.

#157     Nov 16, 2006
  8. bump :D

#158     Feb 18, 2007
  9. [​IMG]

I am putting most of my capital towards this trade.

#159     Feb 18, 2007
  10. the whartoon kid hasn't posted since mid-nov it seems... must have changed his handle again... to PunishedPermabearPuppet or sthg...

#160     Feb 18, 2007