A peek inside the Health Care Bill

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the1, Nov 11, 2009.

1. That's because people complain about everything here. The reasons some people disapprove of him is because they want out of this costly war and an end to the high unemployment rate. The high unemployment rate can't be blamed on the President. Blame the bad management of the companies, the real estate bubble caused by loose lending standards by the banks, and the outsourcing of jobs by greedy companies.

All I'm asking for is low cost health insurance for everyone where the insurance companies can't deny you for pre-existing conditions nor ever cancel your coverage because you get sick. What is wrong with that?

#121     Nov 18, 2009
  2. hayman

hayman

This quote sounds like our current healthcare labyrnth and nightmare.........P.S., I live in NY, and am self-employed, and have a Small Group Plan, with Empire BCBS. Well, these fuckers raised my premiums 17 % this past January, and I was just informed that they are raising me another 28.5 % in January, 2010. If anyone thinks we are getting value out of the current system, they need to have their head examined. There are many rumors abound about the new "health care plan", and I will reserve judgement, until I see the details, and what it is going to cost me. Meanwhile, we can all thank the last administration, who was in bed with the industry from 2000, on the current state of affairs. They created an entire beaurocratic middle tier, called "managed care", which is nothing more than a bunch of high-priced administrators, who determine the medical procedures we can and cannot have. These HMO's, PPO', EPO's, etc. middle layers, is one of the primary reasons for escalating and spiraling-out-of-control healthcare costs. Truthfully, I am hoping for some form of public option, to create massive competition in the industry, and hopefully, put some of these bastards out of business. P.P.S. Our beloved NY governor OK'd this 28.5 % insurance increase, since our fucking state is on the verge of bankrupcy, and he will doing anything and everything to raise revenue for this dying quail. It's definitely time to move - maybe up North across the border.

#122     Nov 18, 2009
  3. spinn

spinn

vinny what part of I do not personally know one person who supports obama is confusing to you?

not one.

#123     Nov 18, 2009
  4. You are exactly proving my point.

My point is not that you made it up but you are accepting what you are told unquestionably.

It shows you lack:
    1) wisdom borne of experience
    2) critical thinking skills
    3) both 1&2

#124     Nov 18, 2009
  5. All I have to say is that I am for this bill. I don't care what you or anyone says. We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Stop listening to those fools on Fox.

#125     Nov 18, 2009
  6. That's because you don't associate with any intelligent people.

#126     Nov 18, 2009