A peek inside the Health Care Bill

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the1, Nov 11, 2009.

1. 11Blade

11Blade

Spinn,

Thats a pretty unappetizing opinion of physicians. A broad generalization of a category of professional such as doctors as "criminals" smacks of a complete lack of knowledge.

Physicians stand to lose money from this bill. You seem happy about that. Pray that your loved ones don't get breast cancer or require emergency surgery because those "criminals" are not going to answer the call.

But then again, with the internet and your obviously superior intellect you'll be able to find someone who will treat you for less because free market economics apply very well to medicine.

Good luck. You will need it.

#41     Nov 13, 2009
  2. maxpi

maxpi

I went to a HMO once and got diagnosed by a nurse practitioner... she sent me home with allergy pills... so I went to a real doctor and he told me "well, yes, you might have allergies but you also have pneumonia"...

#42     Nov 14, 2009
  3. kashking

kashking

This plan is just more of government subsidizing business. It doesn't work. It only drives up prices.

We have tried this in Housing, Healthcare, Education. Prices have risen, nothing has been made more affordable.

What is being proposed now is is the same system with massive amounts of government subsidies.

Expect prices to rise for everyone, If they don't I fully expect the government to put the extra healthcare cost on the balance sheet as a loss further adding to the deficit. Either way, we will all pay for this out of pocket or through a devalued currency.

#43     Nov 14, 2009
  4. F*^ing Hell ! Ever see a thread that you know is going to be so bad that you don't want to even open it up & start reading it ? (At least until your weekend is over.) - - Well, its Sat morning but I went ahead and started reading it anyway. - - - The situation given the details about the 'healthcare' bill scam is a damned trainwreck. Combine this with the carbon tax and the statist collectivist gansters have screwed America completely. They will kill small business and the middle class, increase unemployment, impoverish us all, and make us dependent on them. Some of Keynes 'ideals' for the way to restructure a 'post capitalist' society run by knowing 'elites' will come to pass. I fear for the reaction that eventually will hit our streets as a consequence of this. Then expect a crackdown & the establishment of what is effectively a police state, just like China. - - For those that may scoff, - - could you have ever imagined 5 years ago that things would be as they are now ? I knew we had major structural economic issues, but sure didn't imagine it would be as bad as this. (And things have barely even started). - - - -

#44     Nov 14, 2009
  5. What, EXACTLY, is so bad !?!? If you think these times are 'bad' you would have been a basket case during the Civil War, the Depression, WW2, Vietnam and several other periods in our history.

You're biggest complaint probably involves your cell phone losing connection in a tunnel or the mountains. Better toughen up son. Jeezus.

#45     Nov 14, 2009
  6. By the same token who knows in our own 20th century in the United States

1) it was illegal to own more than 5oz of gold.

2) Direct rationing of virtually all consumer goods

3) Illegal to “utter, print, write or publish any disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language” about the government or the military. "

#46     Nov 14, 2009
  7. the1

the1

+1

#47     Nov 14, 2009
  8. The shit hasn't hit the fan yet. (Unless youre one of the 10.2% officially recognized, the 17% kinda recognized, or the more than 20% that would have been recognized as unemployed before they really starting screwing with the econ 'stats' 30 years ago.)

Whats 'bad' is the move to completely destroy the foundations of the nation.

Youre standing on the tracks, hearing the train in the distance, but wondering 'Why's everyone so concerned ? Haven't squashed me yet.' Well good luck with that.

All those events in history you mentioned - - were preceded by signals that indicated they were on the horizon. (Or would you have been one of those who scoffed at Churchill as some kind of 'alarmist' when he warned about Hitler in the 30s ?)
    "Dont Worry, Be Happy" allows this kind of shit to happen.

Your Quote : "You're biggest complaint probably involves your cell phone losing connection in a tunnel or the mountains. Better toughen up son. Jeezus."

BTW - - - you may be some yuppie city dweller with an ear ring and a Beemer, but I happen to be a country boy quite capable of taking care of himself. - - - -

#48     Nov 14, 2009
  9. Mnphats

Mnphats

+2

#49     Nov 14, 2009
  10. First of all, the 'shit is not going to hit the fan' in any major way: it is all in YOUR imagination. You are exposed to too much bullshit "bad news" and you are letting it dominate your thoughts. Jesus ain't coming to rapture you, aliens from other planets aren't going to visit us, the gov't is not going to come and put you in a concentration camp. NOTHING extremely dramatic is EVER going to happen to you in your lifetime. Life in the 21st century is clean, effeminate, and long.

I'm not sure what is meant by 'the foundations of the nation'. Slavery was a 'foundation' of our nation: it was abolished and the country thrived. Religious fanaticism was a 'foundation' of our nation: the courts are SLOWLY removing that curse and our nation thrives. I could go on & on but you get the idea, I hope. There are NO 'foundations' of the nations short of the Bill of Rights: EVERYTHING is up to discussion and modification. You, I and 350 million other Americans can & should continue to discuss what that implies.

Actually I'm a middle-wave baby boomer who made a shitload of money in the city and moved to the country to trade futures on the S&P 500 Index. I fish, hunt, grow vegetables, cultivate mushrooms and grow my own herb. Life is grand and I only regret that I can't be young again just so I could CRY about this "terrible state of affairs".

So, I say once again, if you ain't happy now you need to gain some historical prespective and toughen up. Life has never been better than it is NOW.

#50     Nov 14, 2009