AAPL affirms multitouch patent. Oh no for GOOG/Samsung/Android!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by arbs-r-us, Oct 19, 2013.

1. koolaid

koolaid

And apple copied off windows mobile and palm and what they did with their first smart phones. so what is your point? With all the patent trolling that Apple has done...if they really did invent the smart phone they should be able to stop other people from making it...but that is not the case. If you actuaally knew about Android you would know that Oracle would have more claims over it than Apple, but you don't know what you're talking about. You're overwhelmed with fanaticism and religious zeal.

And no, windows did not copy of macintosh...both Apple and Microsoft stole it from Xerox. Gates just did a better job of optimizing and Jobs lost that war.

Your iPhone doesn't just works....the quality has gone down the toilet...and forget about the design...lol. This company is garbage without Job's marketing.

#11     Oct 22, 2013
  2. 1) have you used window mobile before iphone? i have, it has nothing in common with ios. stop trolling

2) i know exactly what i am talking about as i stated already the issue regards android's initial use of jdk under the open license by sun who was bought by oracle was never the topic of this discussion. Yet you cant even comprehend what is being said and continues to dwell on this point and call me clueless - the irony.

3) window stole from mactinosh screen by screen, job stole xerox concept and made it usable.

4) I dont care about marketing or steve jobs, i just want a phone that works everytime perfectly out the box, and iphone/ipad/mac do exactly that.

I have switched to android with the giant screens, hardware has caught up but the os is absolute sht. And last year switched from windows 7 to imac and never looked back, everything just works perfect, no 10000 updates, no outlook (enterprise ed too) freezing with multiple inboxes, no ie freeze/crashing on content heavy sites, no constant virus worries. Everything just works.

Anyway clearly you are just trolling, so consider this your final meal.

#12     Oct 22, 2013
  3. piezoe

piezoe

When it comes to software, there are a hundred or more ways to do the same thing. The only patents that are really worth a lot are concept patents. These are fundamental, and everyone must pay homage if you are granted a good one. Google will be just fine, as will Samsung, as will Apple, as will corporate lawyers.

Apples main edge over the competition has been, and remains, design -- visual appearance. This is the subliminal factor that sells their products. The competitors products mostly function as well, even a little better in some applications, but they lag in design. Design sells, and design rather than function often explains a price differential. Jobs knew this.

#13     Oct 23, 2013