ABC News coverage of FLA political race; Sink Has Sunk

Discussion in 'Politics' started by murray t turtle, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Anyone else suprised by @ the percentage of the Republican win ? [+small % Libertarian vote]??
    I read both ABC + FOX news srories, the numbers are the same for practical purposes.

CNN did a typical bias trick;
    they rounded UP the numbers for the Dem,LOL + gave the exact %% for [same%% win as FOX, ABC, news coverage] win for Mr Jolly,[Republican] 48.5%. BUT CNN did admit they rounded the number UP for Dem.

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

3. jem

jem

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...Republicans-Suck-Slightly-Less-Than-Democrats

On Wednesday’s “Morning Joe” on MSNBC, Politico editor and co-founder Jim VandeHei reflect on Republican Rep.-Elect David Jolly’s victory over Democratic candidate Alex Sink in the special election for Florida’s 13th congressional district on Tuesday. VandeHei and the others on “Morning Joe” tended to agree this was bad news for Democrats headed toward this November’s midterm election.

“It’s really hard to spin it,” VandeHei said. “You saw Paul Begala who came out and said – Democratic consultant saying, ‘Listen you can’t spin it. This is bad news for the Democratic Party.’ The guy is a lobbyist. He was recently divorced. He went around the campaign trail in pinstripe suits with his 26-year-old girlfriend. Republicans in Washington thought he was a bad candidate and he won a tough district. This is very bad for Democrats.”

“And for Republicans – if you think about what’s happening in politics right now is Republicans suck slightly less than Democrats and that’s where they’re getting an advantage,” he continued. “They didn’t win this because they liked him as a candidate or they liked his policies. If you look at his ads and you look at the polls – they don’t like President Obama. You found that in your poll. They don’t like ObamaCare and those two things alone sunk a candidate who raised more money and almost won the governorship in your state. She’s not a – this is a real-deal candidate.”

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

“And for Republicans – if you think about what’s happening in politics right now is Republicans suck slightly less than Democrats and that’s where they’re getting an advantage,”

I actually got a laugh out of that one. The democrats have gone full communist, and the ONLY problem (sadly), for them, is the fact that they can't even do that with any competence.

5. wjk

wjk

Any moment, DNC ads will come out saying Sink lost because voters didn't like Obama. Of course, their ads will also say "because they are racists".

6. JamesL

JamesL

Tonite...on Tingles program. Or Tourret's.

7. wjk

wjk

8. I'm surprised they haven't claimed it was because of voter suppression by racist republicans. You know, the radical idea that you should actually have some sort of minimal ID to vote?

The margin fortunately was large enough that democrats couldn't magically discover just enough "lost" ballots to put their candidate ahead.

9. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    I played off the ABC headline;
    Sink Is Sunk/thanks for all the posts.....

Ps Is it just me, or whats wrong with pinstripes + 26 year old female??

10. LEAPup

LEAPup

NO way! I.D to vote??? Say it isn't so! Here's the Wikipedia definition of liberalism. I'll highlight the area that will convince you that today's democrat is a nazi, willing to do ANYTHING ILLEGAL for a vote:

"Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and FAIR ELECTIONS, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property."

Liberals, the dems are NOT.

#10     Mar 12, 2014