About Comissions and brokers

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Almouk, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Almouk

Almouk

Hello, friends!!

Excuse me for my poor english. I'm looking for a broker to trade US stocks (fundamentally) Futures (CME and Eurex) and Forex (although is the less important).

I'll put you a example. If I short 2000 shares of PZIFER at 20$. What would be the total comssion (buy and sell) for this operation all fees and charges included with MB Trading an IB..?

Do you Know other broker with lower comissions than (IB an MB) with reliable free platform and real quotes free..?

I like a broker like Mirus, but is only for futures... (now is not than interesting because you have to pay the NT license to trade with Chart Trader) and Forex trading is done through GAiN Capital. OEC is interesting but is not allowed for trading stocks, if you are a non-US resident.

Thanks in advance, your answers and suggestions.

2. skk7963

skk7963

IB will be cheaper for options, futures etc.

For stocks, if the quantity < 1000, its cheaper or else it will be slightly costlier than TDAmtd etc

3. Almouk

Almouk

Thanks for the answer, skk7963

Apparently, LightSpeed and Infinity Futures have cheap comissions but reading ET reviews executions an platform stability is in doubt. More opinions..?

I have been looking for proprietary firms, which would you recommend me..?

Thanks on advance.

4. jeffgold

jeffgold

I have been on Tradestation, Lightspeed, IB, and 5 other platforms that are not around any more. I am now in the process of opening up my Lightspeed platform again with T3. I have been off of the Lightspeed platform for 2 years, so I can't give you a fair review since there have been a lo of changes since then.