According to google, coinbase has over 150 coins. Would you rather...

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by IronFist, Jan 1, 2022.

If you had one thousand dollars would you rather

1. Invest $500 in 1) Bitcoin and $500 in 2) Ethereum

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Invest $6.75 into everything else Coinbase has other than Bitcoin and Ethereum?

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. If you had 1,000 to invest, would you rather put 500 in Bitcoin and 500 in Ethereum, or 6.75 in everything else that coinbase offers.

• 500 in Bitcoin and 500 in Ethereum.
    • Otherwise you are too diversified.

2. if just one of them 200x which is possible you are ahead. I'd try to improve my probabilities though perhaps by buying after the entire world has decided crypto is useless.

3. johnarb

johnarb

normies are unaware that the 200x coins are not listed on Coinbase

When they get listed on Coinbase, they've already gone up a lot, in fact, Coinbase listing announcement is worth a few hundred % returns as cryptos folks front run the retail buyers

Look at Fantom FTM, it's a 100x from a year ago, but it's not listed on Coinbase. It will pump when Coinbase announces listing

You never heard of TShares and neither did I until a week ago (disclosure acquired some at over $11K each), but it was ~$85 in early Sept, now over $20K each, so a 250x in less than 4 months

I think it's going to over $100K but I doubt it will ever get listed on Coinbase

You want 50x, 100x, 200x ROI? You gotta go deep into the cryptos space and have your crypto wallets and access the cryptos ecosystem, imho

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/tomb-shares

Sprout, Trader Curt and Axon like this.
  4. If I was going to trade crypto like this, I'd just trade penny stocks, less scammy lol

Trader Curt, Nobert and johnarb like this.

5. So, can you post more about this? I have been purchasing crypto for years, but I don't understand the process for getting coins that are not listed on coinbase or binance.

Trader Curt likes this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

*Everything I say is not financial advice and are purely for entertainment purposes only

It's not an easy process. If you decide to take the plunge, you always want to test with a small amount $ wise, and even when you get comfortable always have a limit in mind for each process i.e. bridging or swap or transfers

You need to take custody of the crypto assets in local wallets. Technically, all crypto assets are on the blockchain, but for visualization, it's better to imagine them residing on the local wallet software

I would not recommend Windoze for any of these, maybe use a Chromebook or any kind of secure OS

Also be aware of existential risks. If you lose your device, you have a backup? in multiple locations if your house burns down?

There are many guides for having local wallets, but if you install Metamask and Phantom, you should be good to go

Go on YouTube and learn about Metamask wallets and Phantom Wallets

1. Metamask can connect to Ethereum, and other EVM compatible blockchains, like Avalanche, Binance Smart Chain, Fantom, etc

2. Phantom is for Solana which is not EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine compatible)

Withdraw Eth to Metamask wallet or Sol to Phantom wallet

Go on YouTube and learn about Uniswap and Raydium dex (decentralized exchanges)

Go on YouTube and learn about bridging tokens to other blockchains Avalanche, Fantom, and Binance Smart Chain

----------------------------------

Go on YouTube and learn about dexes TraderJoe/Pangolin (Avalanche), SpookySwap (Fantom) and PancakeSwap (Binance Smart Chain)

You'll need gas on all blockchains, so you might find yourself in a catch-22 if you bridge cryptos and cannot pay gas fees (transaction fees) so make sure you can access a faucet (I think Avalanche bridge gives a little bit of AVAX) so you can get started, once you have a little bit you can use the respective dexes to trade for a small amount or big amount if you're bullish on say Fantom but do not have a way to purchase it from Coinbase

Coinsider and Johnny Time on YouTube have good step by step videos on these things

OpenSea is your marketplace for NFT's on the Ethereum blockchain

On Coinmarketcap, there's a tab for "Markets" that show you if the coin/token is listed on an exchange or dex. Same with Coingecko

Make sure you pay attention to volume. Many dead projects or scam projects will pump thousands of % but on very little volume. DYOR before you ape into any coin

Coinmarketcap as well as Coingecko also shows you which blockchain the coin/token exists on (i.e. Ethereum, BSC, Solana, etc). Some coins/tokens exist on multiple blockchains, i.e. USDT, or a wrapped version, wEth, wBtc

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/olympus/markets/

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/serum#markets

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    Sprout and Trader Curt like this.
  7. Use Kucoin, and purchase some UOS (Ultra), it will be the best investment you ever made :) Make sure to hold a few years.

8. Sprout

Sprout

In addition to what johnarb posted, look into analytical software like dextools or poocoin for hot trending pairs. You'll most likely encounter more rugpulls and money grab scams this way but you'll see what the newly deployed contracts are before they get listed on CMC and Coingecko.

johnarb likes this.
  9. 2rosy

2rosy

best investment is to learn the plumbing and sell the shovels (or create new shovels). Create a token, wallet, automated market maker, bot traders increasing volume. Maybe a lottery token or hot potato token or smokin token last man standing wins.

#10     Jan 3, 2022
    johnarb likes this.