Active Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jonfos, Jun 7, 2021.

Best Asset Class

1. FX

28.6%
  2. Futures

52.4%
  3. Stocks

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jonfos

jonfos

Looking for the best asset class and platform to trade actively either manually or Algorithmically, I follow a market making stratergy that i know works for basically any liquid medium tick size asset in a CLOB.

I need to know:
    Should I trade FX, Futures or Stocks to make the highest after fee return after taking in margin requirement impacts or all to diversify risk?
    What platforms should I use (I can budget $400 per month) so i am thinking Eikon, Trading technologies or lightspeed depending on which instrument i want to trade any other suggestions?
    What broker should i use for each asset class for lowest fees and margins?
    Should i use Algorithmic market making or manual I know TT has an ADL but i do not know if their colocation is competitive enough are there any viable alternatives, i am looking at HFT technologies?
    Any thoughts in connecting directly to exchange instead of having a broker, CME direct, Eurex membership or CBOE connect (EDGX+BATS), NASDAQ connect and NYSE DMA (NYSE+ACRA) or Eikon for FXall?

2. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

For a dude who wants to compete against other market makers its baffling how little you know.

Blaze, henry76, DaveV and 3 others like this.
  3. That's unkind but he does have a large wish list

4. Girija

Girija

What is clob? Nice wish list...

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  5. jonfos

jonfos

Central Limit Order Book

6. jonfos

jonfos

What don't I know, What is wrong?

7. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Dude, you want to compete in the tightest race and don't know, which market you should trade and if you should make markets manually or with a machine??

8. henry76

henry76

Like a lamb to the slaughter.

9. jonfos

jonfos

When i mean market making i do not mean Investment Bank or HFT and place and cancel lots of orders across multiple markets style I simply put in 2 way limit orders at certain points where there is not much of a queue for example in ES .25 and .75 have often less liquidity than .50 or .00 i found that providing liquidity at those levels gives a slight edge in capturing one or two ticks i am aware i cannot compete or aim to be like Goldman Sachs or Virtu and make money almost every day with little risk.

10. jonfos

jonfos

sorry some typos in there

#10     Jun 8, 2021