Advance "Ignore" feature. lol

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OddTrader, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Perhaps the Ignore feature should be two ways.

The existing one is to ignore someone you don't want to reply/see her/his posts.

Perhaps a new feature would be you don't want a specific member to reply/see your posts. :D

wrbtrader likes this.
  2. There's another trading web site where if you start a thread and put someone on ignore the ignored user can't post to your thread.

3. Xela

Xela

I suggested here that there'd be much to gain (and nothing at all to lose) by instituting this feature just in "Journal" threads, as several forums do, but the forum has decided against it, and more firmly than I'd realised when I offered the suggestion. [​IMG]

OddTrader likes this.
  4. I understand people can always see your posts during log-off status. But this new feature would stop a specific member replying.

In other words, a newbie need not to worry whether her/his posts would be replied by someone (s)he doesn't like.

Or (s)he could set up by using this new feature to allow only several preferred members (s)he like to see/reply her/his posts.

Perhaps a newbie friendly feature! Keep newbies stay longer on ET site. :D

5. That would stimulate some newbies to start more new threads, without too much worries/hesitations, knowing later (s)he could put someone on Advance Ignore status. :D

6. That would be even more advance than the Advance Ignore feature I suggested if an ignored member cannot reply to the whole thread at all.

7. JackRab

JackRab

Maybe Journals can be moderated a bit more by the actual Journal starter?

For the rest, as long as it doesn't derail the entire thread... meh...

On a second note, you might undermine the openness of the site when you get to moderate your own Journal/thread.

Some people just need to grow up... and others need a bit more of a thick skin...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017