Advanced books on technical analysis?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by kroxobor, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Tradex

Tradex

Good books, not for the casual reader though.

#21     Aug 18, 2020
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

While I kinda agree with both of your statements, I have to point out that 99% of traders have no idea what a MACD does, and 99% of traders who use the MACD have no idea of what a crossover indicates mathematically, nor what a numeric reading of MACD Signal of "15" or "-23" means. Instead of figuring it out, they take their intuitive inputs from an Investopedia.com "article" and then lose money -- ultimately to decry, "MACD Sucks!"

So, *really*, I guess I disagree with your second statement, regardless of my agreement with the first.

#22     Aug 22, 2020
    Sprout and S-Trader like this.
  3. The best books that I can suggest are Getting Started in Technical Analysis, Technical Analysis Explained, Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets, How to Make Money in Stocks, and Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques.

#23     Nov 26, 2020
  4. Pegrinn

Pegrinn

there are quite interesting books that can really help you figure out and understand what's what.

#24     Dec 1, 2020
  5. Riley.R

Riley.R

Good recommendations. Btw, Have you read all of these?

#25     Feb 3, 2021
  6. panzerman

panzerman

John Ehlers:

Rocket Science for Traders
    Cybernetic Analysis for Stock and Futures
    Cycle Analytics for Traders

Advanced, yes, but that doesn't guarantee you will be able to use any of his work to make money.

#26     Feb 3, 2021
  7. any kind of bookish knowledge can be useless if there is no regular practice session.

#27     Feb 4, 2021
  8. Tradex

Tradex

Generally speaking, avoid ANY book/seminar/course with the title "Advanced".

Real traders trade and make money quietly, the others teach "advanced" courses.

Sure, you can do both, but successful traders who truly want to help their fellow traders are extremely rare.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    #28     Feb 4, 2021
  9. easymon1

easymon1

There's a tough job.

#29     Feb 4, 2021
  10. Laura48

Laura48

100% accurate! Applying what you read in the real market is what helps. Mere reading would be of no advantage.

#30     Feb 10, 2021