Advice from Futurestrader71

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chuck Krug, Jul 24, 2022.

1. It's virtually impossible to predict the future, or far future, of anything. At this point, you are completely, just, gambling -- and being a fool,

However, if you can shrink that window down to a small window....say a day/intraday.....then the situation drastically changes from a gamble to a real world possibility of nailing and predicting your hypothesis with reasonable accuracy,

This wisdom lesson observation can have a profound impact to a trading account if you understand it, digest it, and can apply it,

#21     Jul 25, 2022
    Jzwu2017 likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

And your future is more of the same nonsense. Talk about predictable.

#22     Jul 25, 2022
  3. Digging into his profile I landed at his new venture:

https://edgeclear.com/

They seem to offer a pretty well designed platform for Futures.
    As always, at this side of the pond, it is not available. But for you 'muricans it seems to be a good deal if you trade Futures.

#23     Jul 25, 2022
  4. hilmy83

hilmy83

1.28 rt for mes ..no thanks

#24     Jul 25, 2022
  5. zghorner

zghorner

I was going to type up an argument and support it with my experiences on how options offer some unique challenges blah blah blah but honestly its all just ego trying to justify my failure. The truth is I was just way too slow to catch on to the basic principles of options trading...buy cheap options, sell expensive ones, and blew $100k on get rich quick dreams.

#25     Jul 25, 2022
  6. Sprout

Sprout

sun up tomorrow
    crops planted grown harvested
    liquidity hunt

#26     Jul 25, 2022
    SunTrader likes this.
  7. There's nothing wrong with options trading. Though mostly online it's marketed and presented in a way that's practically a get rich quick scheme. Because it can make you rich fast, if you truly know what you are doing.

Cheap options, also known as lottery tickets, are cheap for a reason. It's not likely to pay off, hit.
    Selling expensive options, when volatility is high, is actually a decent strategy a lot of people do.
    There's just too many wild, unknown, variables with longer term options buying and selling.

Here is the wild and sexy part, what most of those get rich quick options websites present: If you are able to day trade options....then you can make those nice percentage returns. But you can also lose the trade quickly, vice versa, if you don't know what you are doing.
    Again, it's all about your ability to know the future,

#27     Jul 25, 2022
  8. Rule #1: Don't cry over them.

#28     Jul 25, 2022
  9. Parody?

No, then you're reacting rather than predicting. If you could "know the future" as you claim you do, then you wouldn't need to wait for a trigger because...you already know the future. Right? Waiting for a trigger is aligning and reacting.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    #29     Jul 25, 2022
    Zwaen and Chuck Krug like this.
  10. Trading the market is part art, part science. Part predicting, part reacting.

Timing is everything. You wouldn't want to immediately bet up or down at the opening bell.....and sell at closing. You would gain marginal, trace, amounts of profit. If anything at all.
    The devil is in the details....if you could ride the major, intraday, wave....your success and profits will be so much more.

I hate dumb questions like asking someone if the market will be up or down tomorrow or by next week or month. And if you don't know the answer, you are dumb. Trying to guess that answer are for complete gamblers, and fake analysts.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    #30     Jul 25, 2022