Am I ready to go live?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DougStewart, Jul 3, 2017.

1. volpri

volpri

i don't know if he will do that. Remember marketsurfer? He left in a huff and we have yet to see him again....uh..unless he is operating in another underground cover mode. The derision may have been too much for his ego? Pistol pete (aka gunslinger) scalper aka skippy who apparently was a friend of surfer have all gone too. Surfer has been around a long time he should have been able to handle the wicked sense of humor from ET people but i am not sure a newbie could. I doubt he will show us anything for us to pick apart and make suggestions. No sir ree bob..don't count on it.

#51     Jul 4, 2017
  2. speedo

speedo

Believe it or not, Skippy has a thread going where he has some noob's convinced he is some kind of guru....strange place this.

#52     Jul 4, 2017
  3. volpri

volpri

LOL

#53     Jul 4, 2017
    comagnum and lawrence-lugar like this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Only way to find out, is to do it, with a 1/10th of your Max account size, if that's possible.

Most of us crack Demo, but fail miserably at Live, so it's likely going to be a new learning curve when you go live anyway.

#54     Jul 5, 2017
    DougStewart and murray t turtle like this.
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

every time someone asks about "why trading?" - the need for freedom or independence are ones of the most cited reasons

so here is the freedom - why one needs opinions or comments of others?

who cares (and who knows) how you doing, except yourself ...?

that's why you should not ask us, you should ask yourself that question, and you yourself should answer it...

and if you think you doing great - start trading real money

until you realize that you doing not that great... :)

at that point you will come back to the drawing board.... until the next time you will feel great about your trading - and back to real money again

and that's how, iteration by iteration, you will progress... (or not)... :)

do not hope, do not ask, do not wait...

just do what is right...

in case of trading right is painstakingly, single-handedly, quietly, continue working on method

it will not take weeks or month, it will take probably many many years..

who cares

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    #55     Jul 5, 2017
    DougStewart likes this.
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

marketsurfer is still around but just not on ET. He's posting elsewhere about his analysis and trades in bitcoins. You can find him doing such on twitter and other locations via the same username. Thus, he's not even undercover. Simply, I think one day he will return to ET with the hopes you folks will have forgotten.

Maybe Baron can get him to be a sponsor in the bitcoin threads.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    #56     Jul 5, 2017
  7. volpri

volpri

ROFLMAO. We need a thread on the bitcoin biting the dust.

#57     Jul 5, 2017
  8. speedo

speedo

If he comes back, he may be wearing a hat, fake beard and sunglasses.

#58     Jul 5, 2017
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  9. volpri

volpri

Ok i'll be on the lookout and will advise if i see him. Skippy may be fishing from river bank instead of surfs high dollar alum skiff dubbed "the beast" after the YM fiasco. As it turns out there may be more to "beating the machines" than one thinks. Gotta hand it to surf. At least he tried and did put himself on the line.

#59     Jul 5, 2017
  10. Overnight

Overnight

The YM fiasco? You mean his call for a 1,000 point drop from 21087 which never materialized? I'll never forget that one.

#60     Jul 5, 2017