AMP and Teton

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ondafringe, Dec 14, 2022.

1. ondafringe

ondafringe

@AMP_Global

Can you tell us why you aren't supporting Sierra Chart's Teton order routing yet? Teton was launched over a year ago, other futures brokers are supporting it, and it appears to be stable.

From what I understand, SC doesn't charge routing fees, so you would be saving us money by allowing us to rout through Teton.

Will you provide an update as to what the holdup is, and how much longer it will take for you to support Teton?

Thank you!

schizo and Leob like this.
  2. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Téton means nipple.
    Maybe you’re under age ?

3. Last I checked, the total cost r/t was same as or higher than AMP/CQG 3.80 for ES and 0.94 for micros. Unless that has changed, why bother? What is the total r/t with this Teton thingie (doesn't even support options)?

4. hilmy83

hilmy83

https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=69775

ondafringe likes this.
  5. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Yes. AMP will be supporting Sierra Chart's Teton order routing.
    We are in final testing and expect to be enabling traders - Very Soon!!!

MarkBrown, paveli and ondafringe like this.
  6. AMP has been saying "soon" for more than a year. At least they've upgraded their forecast from "soon" to "very soon".

7. hilmy83

hilmy83

@AMP_Global Can Teton routing be possible through MT5?

8. ondafringe

ondafringe

From what I understand, no... it's an SC thing: SC + Denali + Teton

9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

there maybe a small amount of hyperbole in the SC support forum, sounds like a sales person knocking someone else rather than just being better.

it should be known that CQG and many others are in the loop are on a Private Sonet ring - Mizuho bank is also on that ring and believe me they are tied directly into the CME thru that FIBER loop.

it will be interesting to see if any so called lag exist with the new SC setup cause i don't have any with MultiCharts - CQG - AMP - and if you want the best there is get TT.

let's see if CQG responds

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
    ondafringe likes this.
  10. ondafringe

ondafringe

I have no issues, and really no complaints, routing through CQG, but if Teton performs at least as well as CQG, it would be nice to save that $0.20 r/t routing fee per contract.

#10     Dec 15, 2022