Anekdoten: An ET Mentor

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2006

I was just playing bro. No need to take it personally. Very few would do what your doing -- which is a sign of a true winner.

Good Luck and Good trading !!

#31     Sep 12, 2007
  2. No harm done at all and thanks for best wishes, same to you.

Anek

#32     Sep 12, 2007
  3. May your view of mentors apply to all mentors but yourself, haha!

Now to a Proustian Trading Questionnaire querry.

Would you characterize your trading chart as "simple" or "complex", and if relevant, does the chart style reflect your own personality?

If the chart is simple with nothing proprietary on it, can you provide a screenshot? (You may recall that Razor showed us a very elegant EquiVolume chart with only one simple study on it.)

P.S.: Congratulations on successfully reinventing yourself. I have done it 18 times over, but alas, it is always still me.

#33     Sep 12, 2007
  4. Cutten,

Please consider this example using commonly used indicators.

Multiple confirmations, at least five.

Absolute minimal risk.

Massive profit potential.

No heat.

Complete trend reversal.

Anek

• ym.jpg
      File size:
      237.7 KB
      Views:
    #34     Sep 12, 2007
  5. Well I can only tell you where to look for in the end, you need to find it yourself. The glory is the journey and not the reward.

I use some propietary indicators, some developed by a friend, others by myself but they are just representation of price action for easier (not faster) visual recognition.

Anek

#35     Sep 12, 2007
  6. I like that answer. Home brew always tastes the best.

Well, I sense that I am pressing too much, so let me ease off with some workmanlike questions.

Do you work from home? An office?

Do you use an internet-based retail data feed, or something slicker?

Do you use multiple video monitors? If so how many?

I am curious if you are a slob like me, sitting unwashed and half-naked at a laptop, trying to keep the wife's cat from making trades, or if you are the James Bond of trading.

#36     Sep 12, 2007
  7. Those are valid questions, funny too :)

I work from home, having the kids around me is a blessing but when things get hectic sometimes I feel the need to kick them out of the trading room to reach the necessary concentration. Particularly when micro scalping.

I use multiple ISP services.

I use one LCD for trading and have over eight across the house, in the end one is all I need, the bigger the better. A laptop would do just fine, just harder on the eyes.

It pays to make an effort to wake up like if you were heading to your public office. Keeps you in shape and disciplined, so eventhough some days I might trade in boxers with my balls hanging out from one side, I try not to.

Anek

#37     Sep 12, 2007
  8. Sorry to interrupt,but may I ask Anekdoten how much room do you give a trade to work when trading ES ?.

Thanks

Bill

#38     Sep 12, 2007
  9. LT,

The stop is always based on the following factors:

Support/Resistance

Momentum

Type of play/pattern

For what it is worth if the trade requires a big stop I usually pass, means the trading signal is not as strong as it should be.

Risk management is extremely important.

Anek

#39     Sep 12, 2007
    777 likes this.
  10. Anek,
    Would you please elaborate more on your exits? I have followed you another thread. You gave many detailed examples for entries, but I feel I need more examples on exists.

Also please give more details on how to determine stops. My impression(or gut feeling) is that your stops are not fixed. You move the stops when the prices develop along the way.

Many thanks in advance,

freewilly

#40     Sep 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.