Any broker that allow buy or sell from any price inside bid/ask without price restrictions ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by wic2021californiaxp, Aug 21, 2021.

1. So, I like trade SPACS securities. They are illiquid and have larger spread. With interactive brokers I cant buy a stock if the limit price is 3% away for the last price.

I need a stock broker (with direct market access to ECNs) that allow buy or sell stocks at any price inside NBBO

2. qlai

qlai

Yeah I know what you mean, but it’s a compliance issue for brokers, so I doubt you can find one that does it differently (for retail at least).

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I thought the exchange rule was 10% but there might be a lower threshold at different priced symbols.

4. Is not a exchange rule. I know a broker that allows trade with any bid ask price inside NBBO but INET and ARCA are the only available ecn

Each broker has its own rules, sometimes very strange.

Interactive Brokers set limits from last round lot (impossible to trade most OTC stocks because refuse order if price is 3% away last price). Most brokers use this method, but there are some variations. Some brokers not ignore odd lots or extended hours trades for determine what is last quote price

I've seen a broker who set security limits using market participants orders for reference

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/TraderNews.aspx?id=ETA2016-172

6. FSU

FSU

Would it make any difference if you enter the order as a GTC?