any views on Earn2trade's Gauntlet

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by padutrader, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Gasparov

Gasparov

I actually saw your signature just after I posted. I am going to check them out, and leeloo looked like a good one. But if they do charge market data..I guess that is a drawback.

#21     Dec 21, 2021
  2. As far as I know - only E2T and TST have you trading a real account. If that concerns you I'll leave for you to decide.

Note also that with LeeLoo / Apex - you'll have to wait 6 months to withdraw $5K assuming you make that within the first month.

Many people jump into these programs not fully understanding the deal or reading the fine print.

I think E2T is your best bet, but I can't say for sure.

#22     Dec 21, 2021
  3. Gasparov

Gasparov

I think OneUp is the best, withdrawals being allowed in the first week assuming you make $3500 that week. No monthly fees. I wanted to try Leeloo's express account because it is a cheap starting cost, but with the monthly fees, all of these companies are a tier 2 for me compared to OneUp (and any others) with no platform fee, no market data fee, and just straightforward trade and withdraw. I would love to find another similar setup..because I think OneUp does not allow multiple accounts. If anyone happens to know a solution for me I'm all ears!

Edit: I just read this on Leeloo's "Investor Account"
    • 1st payout cannot be requested until after a trader has actively placed orders on at least 30 INDIVIDUAL trading days. This is a long term growth account. Only a day actively traded counts as one of the 30 required trading days.
    • 2nd - 4th payouts can be requested once every 30 CALENDAR days, as long as during that 30 day period the trader has traded at LEAST 10 active trading days.
    • The first 4 payouts require a minimum withdraw of $1000.. require leaving a minimum amount (see Balance Threshold) in the account, and have a maximum limit according to the chart (account size) below.
    So you have to trade about 1.5 full months to be able to withdraw your first profits..that's a lot but not as terrible as 6 months I guess. I'm going to track all of these things across all companies and maybe post it here later.

#23     Dec 21, 2021
  4. If you're really convinced that OneUp is a good deal it shouldn't be a problem to find a way to set up multiple accounts.

Note that with OneUp you're still trading in the simulator initially and maybe forever for all I know. Note also that you first have to trade up a cushion of $5K BEFORE you can start accumulating profits. So, basically if you want to withdraw 8K - you need to earn 13K after you're funded. That means you'll effectively have to earn 9K + 5K + 8K = 22K in order to withdraw 8K.

I'd say this is a significant piece of information that they do not go out of their way to tell you about.

E2T seems to be the best firm currently, but I have no idea if it's worth pursuing. However, you can trade a real account and you start accumulating profits from day one.

Some more thoughts here:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...ese-get-funded-programs-is-a-bad-idea.360334/

#24     Dec 21, 2021
  5. Gasparov

Gasparov

I'm using a $50k account, so the withdrawal threshold is $2500. After that you can withdraw, provided it's $1000 per withdraw. I'm not sure what you mean by the $5000 - you probably mean on a higher account. Also, the simulator doesn't seem to matter since you can withdraw successfully and it will just cost them money until they switch you to live, right? I haven't had a withdraw issue so I think that's how it goes anyway.

It is in the contract with OUT and probably with others, that they can switch you to a non live account. But withdrawal requests must be obeyed I think. At least that's how it seems.

I'm looking more into Leeloo right now. I think E2T has a 60 day gauntlet which is way too long so I may consider their mini as well. AFAIK OUT doesn't want me to make multiple accounts, and they once told me I can have multiple evaluations but only 1 funded at a time.

#25     Dec 21, 2021
  6. wmwmw

wmwmw

LOL.
    FTMO,Myforexfunds do not have platform fee and market data fee. Withdrawal is easy .
    Check out Myforexfunds. Oneup is not even close.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...iscounts-on-funded-trader-evaluations.363508/

#26     Dec 21, 2021
  7. Gasparov

Gasparov

Sweet, I do have them on my list to check out. So far OneUp is the only one I have found with no fees. So I would say they are at least just as good as FTMO. I will edit this later with what I find on FTMO.

#27     Dec 21, 2021
  8. Gasparov

Gasparov

So FTMO has no monthly fees, and even refunds the initial cost to the trader upon passing. But one issue is it costs more than double for the same size account - so you obviously want to be sure you're not going to be screwing around on there because it would be 2+ evaluations at OneUpTrader in cost alone. It is also 20 total trading days instead of 15, but they allow more of a drawdown. So FTMO, OneUpTrader seem to be the best so far. However, FTMO does not have futures..they have the CFD US100 instead of the actual NQ contract, which is a bit of an issue for me but not really since it is essentially the same. I just prefer the futures contracts over CFDs.

UProfit also doesn't have monthly fees but has a one time "setup fee" type of fee, but that's still a big step up from the companies that charge monthly. I would say that's tier 2, and OUT and FTMO are currently Tier 1, OUT still on top for me. TopStep and the monthly charging companies are a level below that without considering other factors just yet. I'm compiling all this information for myself so if anyone knows other companies or can share some more information that isn't obvious about one or more of these funded programs, let me know.

As for MyForexFunds, they also don't charge monthly but I am only interested in Futures. But good mention nonetheless for forex traders.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    #28     Dec 22, 2021
  9. wmwmw

wmwmw

You clearly have many misunderstandings about prop firm terms and structure.

FTMO beats oneuptrader by a huge margin, but you can't see it.

First, you need to understand, their account size have no meaning. Only thing matters is drawdown. That is the funds you can get from prop firms. Because once you exceed drawdown, you are done. So drawdown is the amount of capital you can access.
    Now compare their fees with their drawdown, not their account size.

For the oneuptrader 100000 account:
    profit target: 6000
    drawdown: 3500
    monthly fee:$300/month
    trailing drawdown

FMTO 50000 account:
    profit target: 5000
    drawdown: 5000
    one time fee:$412(€310.50)
    fixed drawdown

Now you can see, oneuptrader have higher profit target, lower drawdown, and higher fee.
    Becasue their fee is monthly fee, to pass their challenge, you need to make 6000/3500=171% profit.Do you think you can make 171% in one month? I guess you will need 3 months, that is $900 vs FTMO $412.
    Oneuptrader trailing drawdown is a lot tougher than FTMO's fixed drawdown. Their 171% profit target is also tougher than FTMO's 100% target. Also, FTMO allow you to have free retries if you fail to reach profit target but hold positive balance without breaking any rule at the end of a challenge.

Now Myforexfunds beat FTMO by a huge margin.
    In my link above, I explain in detail why MFF beat all other prop firms by huge margin, but you clearly didn't read my posts.

Here is the link for you to read about Myforexfunds(I had several posts and you need to read everyone of them.):
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...iscounts-on-funded-trader-evaluations.363508/

I think I need to mention a few of MFF's benefits:
    12% drawdown 8% profit target, so their actually profit target is 67% compared with FTMO 100% and oneuptrader171%;
    Their fee is much cheaper than FTMO;
    One time extension if you fail to reach profit target but hold positive balance without breaking any rules at the end of a challenge; for example, 100000 account profit trget is 8000. If your account is 6000 at the end of a challenge, you can request an extension to have your next free challenge start at 6000.
    If you fail extension again, you have free unlimited retries if you fail to reach profit target but hold positive balance without breaking any rules at the end of a challenge;
    140% fee refund once you pass challenge;
    profit split up to 85%, biweekly withdrawal.

#29     Dec 22, 2021
  10. Gasparov

Gasparov

Is this serious? Of course you make it in one month! Or you shouldn't be doing these evaluations at all lol! So yes I am only comparing the monthly cost to the one time cost because I assume it is only for 1 month. I have passed the evaluation many times in one month. Usually I can pass it in 3 days (the $50k account with $3000 profit target or $1k a day) but that's not permitted so I actually hold myself back quite often on the really easy days and stop in 30 minutes or so. It is certainly an advantage to be able to be lazy and take longer than a month, but I personally don't advise it. Time is more valuable than money.

It is a bit weird that you are comparing the profit target to the drawdown to get your 171%..instead of just how much to make based on the capital/contracts. But I probably missed the point since I don't like to think about it in terms of doing longer than a month for any evaluation.

Also are you intentionally comparing the FTMO $50k account to OneUp's $100k? Why not $100k to $100k? Making $3000 on OneUp's $50k account is all you need to pass. Apparently you need $5000 on FTMO. That is a disadvantage for FTMO. But I think you just made a typo, since you need $2500 profit for the regular $50k account and $5000 for the "aggressive" at FTMO. The aggressive account costs something like $550 compared to $150/mo for OneUp.

When trading futures, for the $100k account on OneUp or any funding partner's program, you need to make roughly $5000-$6000 to pass. This can be done in one day (if the rules allowed it) but because you need to show "consistency" it is better to spread it out to 5+ days. OneUp would let you pass even if you did it in 5 days and bullshitted the last 10 days. It is still valid for them because you didn't do it all in one lucky trade.

So if you're saying you would struggle to make $1000 per day with a $100k account in futures, it is not the fault of any of these firms.

Reasonable comparisons can be made based on where the differences are in drawdown, profit target, contract size, and monthly cost. The way I see it, anyway.

#30     Dec 22, 2021
    Leob likes this.