any views on Earn2trade's Gauntlet

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by padutrader, Dec 11, 2021.

1. wmwmw

wmwmw

I can see you have no basic money management concept and your trading is only look at profit without a little bit at risk. I don't think I can make you understand because you lack too many basic principles in trading,I mean for a 2000 drawdown you are talking about making 1000 in one day(that you usually pass a challenge in 3 days). So I just give up and let's see what other people say to you.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    #31     Dec 22, 2021
  2. Gasparov

Gasparov

Most risk comes from lack of understanding. Yes, you may lose internet one day or WW3 might start. Risk will be an issue during some of those days, hopefully a stop loss is used just in case. Otherwise, if you know how to trade and read the chart, you should never be in danger of reaching that drawdown. I know how to trade, but based on what you said about it taking 3 months to pass an easy evaluation, it sounds like you lack some understanding in mastering trading...don't worry we are all on our own paths. But thank you anyway for sharing your views, it is funny when people say I don't know what I am doing while I am very clearly doing it!

#32     Dec 22, 2021
  3. wmwmw

wmwmw

let me just take your words for real and for a drawdown 2000, you usually make 1000 in one day,so that is 50% per day, for every month you will grow your account 5000 times.I guess in 3 months you will be the richest person in this world. Why you care to take a prop firm challenge?

#33     Dec 22, 2021
  4. Gasparov

Gasparov

Another common argument that people make when I suggest higher performance standards, and I don't know why. Do you think people who can double a small account will then trade 100% account size constantly until they surpass Bezos? You probably know even someone with great trading skills will have poor discipline sometimes, or just miss entries or have a lapse in judgment, and also need to withdraw funds from time to time. Even if I have my own $50k account (I don't yet) I would probably trade 3-4 $1000 contracts at most for now. And try to do 100-200% on that size rather than on the whole 50k. That would be enough to have a very nice lifestyle for most. I am still trying to build my own capital.

Anyway that's not what I'm here to discuss so let's stay on topic about the funded programs. I am doing them since I don't have $50k of my own yet. Getting a funded account to remove the risk of my own account entirely is worth it even for a 20% profit loss. Until I have more funds this is great for me, and probably for many others. I am not wealthy and never have been. But I have had enough $1k days to know what's possible for anyone who knows how to trade.

#34     Dec 22, 2021
    Leob likes this.
  5. tango29

tango29

I am curious, if you keep passing these trials, why in the world do you not just trade your own account? No profit split, no pro data fees, better tax treatment than getting a 1099 and having to report as income as opposed to 60/40 treatment.

#35     Dec 22, 2021
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Because he doesn't have the money for a RL account, and does not understand his own psychology.

#36     Dec 22, 2021
  7. Gasparov

Gasparov

As I said, I don't have $50k of my own to trade futures of any reasonable size. I do have my own account but I prefer not using it that often. I think this system is better for me. First $8000 100% profit? Why would you not pay something like $150 to eliminate all your risk and take 100% of your first $8k? And then repeat that until you save up or even indefinitely? I trade my own account as well, but would rather do the funded programs while they are still easy.

Or take it from my psychologist, he knows me well.

#37     Dec 22, 2021
    Leob likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Then just use 5K and trade the micros. Just scale everything you are doing in the guantlets by 1/10th, including drawdowns and profit targets, and you should be right as rain and not have to incur the extra expenses of monthly fees.

#38     Dec 22, 2021
  9. Gasparov

Gasparov

You're not wrong, that's a great approach as well. I did that before but I still need to prepare myself for full contracts and larger size one day in the near future, and this is a good way to do so.

Also about monthly fees, this is really the reason I am exploring the other funded programs, to avoid those fees but also have multiple accounts to take bigger profits on separately.

#39     Dec 22, 2021
  10. Overnight

Overnight

I believe most every funded program has a monthly fee.

What you mean by "preparing yourself for full contracts and larger size in the near future"...Don't know what you mean by that. If trading the micros is a good way for you to get a feel for it, as you said, then just trade your own sim account with the same rules as the funded company. Don't just jump in with 50K e-mini sim and expect it to be same as 5K live e- micro, and vice versa. They ain't the same thing.

#40     Dec 22, 2021