Anyone interested to test a trading strategy on my live account?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by keroppi, Feb 2, 2023.

1. keroppi

keroppi

I have quite an unusual proposal for anyone who might be interested in futures trading here.

I came across an order flow based trading strategy and it shows promise from my backtesting over the past 3 months or so.

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in testing it on my live account. In exchange I can pay you a small amount for it and if it all works out we could become rich together *fingers crossed*. I have some lofty goals but I have no idea if it will work out.

The only risk to you is the time involved. I would need you to be able to be on a computer during market hours (9.30am Eastern Time to 4pm Eastern Time) and take anywhere between 0 to 3 trades per day on my behalf depending how many signals are generated. The total time involved may be on average 30 minutes a day as there is nothing to do for most of the day until you receive a signal. Please note that most entry signals are limit orders that you set a few minutes in advance while exits may be market orders.

I accept that the strategy may not work and I may lose all the funds in my account, however I have some risk settings in place to attempt to mitigate this. I also accept that you will make mistakes from time to time and that is totally fine. I accept there is a risk that you may steal my funds, although I want to chat and get to know you first before we actually go ahead.

I think this would appeal to someone with some interest in futures trading and has a bit of spare time. You don't need any experience trading futures but it would be beneficial if you have some understanding about futures. The bonus is that you can easily replicate the strategy if it works out.

In terms of the strategy itself, it trades on primarily on ES and there are occasional trades on NQ. I have backtesting data and set risk parameters which I will share with you. By no means am I claiming it is the holy grail, but I am quite excited from the results.

The reason I am reaching out here is because I live in Melbourne, Australia and trading hours here run from 1.30am to 8am local time. Sometimes I stay up for the first hour but it is not practical for me to be up all night.

If you're interested feel free to send me a message here and we can have a chat about it first to make sure we are both comfortable first!

Thanks

2. maxinger

maxinger

You can trade the Asian futures like hang seng, Asx, nikkei, China A 50....

Those are big futures

Or you can trade European futures like Dax, FCE, OMXS30, FESX.....

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    spy likes this.
  3. Interesting proposal. I'm not interested, but would be curious to hear how this works out. :)

Also, agree with @maxinger. Surely you could find another market that suits your timezone?

What's your favorite European index futures these days? Is the OMXS30 still attractive for trading? We discussed it a bit earlier and I did look into it, but there was some barrier for entry and I gave up at the time.

4. I love how all these Aussie peeps want to trade the index that is algo'd within an inch of it's life. Surely you trade the spi or if you have to trade something overseas the dax is alright for our timezone. I look at the index chart xjo etc then use the futures to trade them (cuts out a lot of noise). Just my 2c worth.

5. maxinger

maxinger

OMXS30 is still good for day trading; its day range is about 1%.

I trade it through IB.

Laissez Faire likes this.
  6. keroppi

keroppi

Yes, I am aware of that. I have my own reasons why I wish to focus on ES and NQ

7. tony.m

tony.m

Hours are 1:30am to 9 am

In winter Perth seems to be the place to trade from AU

8. Curious. As a day trader of ES exclusively, I'm curious what reasons you have for focusing on ES as opposed to every other index futures in the world.

For me, there are two reasons. Time zone (I can trade it after work here in Norway) and experience with this contract.

If I was starting out fresh I would probably have considered other contracts.

Good luck.

spy likes this.
  9. hilmy83

hilmy83

You can't just automate the strategy,/?

spy likes this.
  10. I trade 9:30 to at least 3:50 (most days till 4:00 and even after), but I am not too keen on logging into someone else's account and I have multitude of other responsibilities so don't think I am interested either. However, curious like others said to see how it goes.

I will say regarding the stealing of funds you mentioned - My brokerage will only send funds to the bank account that sent funds into it and in addition the title name of the account must match the bank account the funds are being transferred to. So if your broker has that, which I think a lot of them do for security reasons, no one can really directly steal your funds. They could just put on erroneous trades though to be a jerk and screw you. With that said I would certainly check someones post history to rule out trolls and also obviously like you said have a voice conversation. Anyone who is half way serious about something is willing to hop on voice, if they have even a second of hesitation regarding getting on voice, than obviously avoid them 100%.

Hope you find someone, but I've found it difficult myself to find people that are actually available 9:30 to 4:00 and are serious about trading.

#10     Feb 2, 2023