Anyone know a spread / ADR ratio tool?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mkv, Apr 29, 2021.

1. mkv

mkv

As most traders are probably quite aware, having as low as possible spread and as high as possible average daily range means that the price does not have to move as much into the positive side in order to cover the spread.

At the moment I am doing the calculations semi-manually, and here's a few examples for the average daily range for the last 10 days on a random broker:
    EUR/GBP - 45 / 1.4 = 32 ADR/spread ratio
    GBP/JPY - 101 / 1.9 = 53 ADR/spread ratio
    EUR/USD - 61 / 1.3 = 47 ADR/spread ratio

So if I were to run an algo, I'd run it on GBP/JPY if looking purely from the spread perspective.

Of course, the spreads will be different across different brokers and they will vary through the different sessions and news events, but generally it is safe to assume that most brokers will have a tight spread on EUR/USD and a very wide spread on something like SGD/HKD.

So my question is if anyone is aware of a website that would provide this information that you could share? Thanks in advance

2. here si a ADR Indy that can change in settings so go on top off charts showing 1-10-20 day ADR and also pips for the day and % off ADR for the day also i have a indi goes right top side"can be changed" that show price,spread ATR 5 and 20 day and momentum really good

3. mkv

mkv

bindaytrader thanks for sharing these indicators, the DXTrade one is pretty good ant I might use that as an inspiration to create my own

4. What platform do you use for charting?

Tradingview has a built in ATR indicator that works very well in my experience using it.

5. I have heard DXtrade has very good charting systems and customisation options. Haven't used it though.

6. I have used their test/demo account once and it is also good for portfolios. Although for better spreads on certain pairs, I trade with my broker.

7. Me too! Mostly because I am getting very tight spreads on different pairs. On EURUSD I usually get 0.0 pips to 0.2 pips, for USD JPY, the spreads range from 0.2 to 0.3 pips and 0.3 to 0.5 pips on GBPJPY with my broker turnkey forex.

8. Kajir

Kajir

You can always find out information, especially from the brokers manager with whom you work.