anyone shower in the rain?

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by bookish, Jun 29, 2021.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

I'll let you yoyo's in on a little secret...

If you have a garage, and you're so inclined to wash your own cars.... washing a car in the pouring rain with a sponge, a hose, and a little dish-soap.... is the best way in the world to wash it.

Pull it in the garage when done and dry it off.
    You will have ZERO spots on it.
    The ones you get at even the best car washes that use a spot-free rinse, leave spots.
    Municipal water has (whatever) in it... minerals I guess... but you always get spots.

This might not matter if your car is just a decent car, but if its a high dollar show-car.... wash it in the rain.

And wave at the neighbors while you're doing it... because they'll think you're nuts.

Best way there is to wash a car. ;)

#11     Jun 30, 2021
  2. Looks good but beware of centipedes.

#12     Jun 30, 2021
  3. tango29

tango29

The winter wouldn't be a problem, I have been taking showers on full cold for the past 1.5 years now. Some days are rougher than others. Took a bath in Lake Michigan New Years day this year. Now that was a bit painful, not while in the lake, but while walking back to the van on frozen stumps.

#13     Jul 1, 2021
  4. easymon1

easymon1

In FLA or TX a challenge in winter, in Telluride in August, it will frost your balls, lol.
    Said to be Very good for upping metabolism and all kinds of good stuff. Good idea to end any shower with as much cold as you can stand i read.
    So does it get easier as you do more of it.
    You don't waste much time in the shower in Feb i'll bet.

#14     Jul 2, 2021
  5. tango29

tango29

The water feels a bit chillier in the winter months than now, but each day seems to be different with tolerance for some reason. I actually have hit the point where I enjoy the feeling of the cold. It also helps start the motor, especially these days when I seem to be getting less sleep.

#15     Jul 2, 2021
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

No, it's too cold, I prefer hot showers.

#16     Jul 6, 2021