AOC - can she get any dumber

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Apr 21, 2020.

1. I think she is making quite a stretch here...

Texas wa simply a huge surge in demand at a time when they usualyl dont forecast much usage and the system was overloaded heavily. It was not use of green energy or lack of use of green energy. It is a deregulated system that was and still is outdated because there was not enough monetary incentive to improve the infrastructure which is hugely expensive for little return (utility rates are often maintained very low).

A green new deal would not have fixed the problems of huge energy demand during a major weather event.

#621     Feb 17, 2021
    gwb-trading likes this.
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I don't see how more green power will help the situation in Texas... when coal, gas, wind and every other source has issues with freezing. Many due to Texas trying to take the cheap route -- not burying gas lines deep, not purchasing wind turbines with heated elements, etc. etc. The entire situation is due to under-investment in utility infrastructure and equipment.

So -- once again AOC is pushing green deal nonsense. California tried to force it's utility to follow green initiatives -- how did this work out in California?

#622     Feb 17, 2021
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

I really doubt it was a demand issue as everyone burns gas down there to stay warm. Summer AC demand is likely higher. It became a demand issue as infrastructure wasn't winterized properly. AOC is obviously wrong here but wanted to trigger OP

#623     Feb 17, 2021
  4. ph1l

ph1l

#624     Feb 17, 2021
  5. reading into it they tend to do maintenance in the winter when demand is less. Also they have had some infrastructure issues on top of the reduced energy from pipes and wind the freezing weather caused. All of it leading to a nice perfect storm they simply were not prepared for.

#625     Feb 17, 2021
  6. elderado

elderado

She simply puts some cool words together and strings sentences into something which seems like it makes sense but nooooooooo...it's just nonsense.

#626     Feb 17, 2021
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

repost

#627     Feb 17, 2021
  8. elderado

elderado

FALSE

But thanks for playing!

#628     Feb 17, 2021
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles