Are Any EliteTrader Users In A Prop Firm? What Are Your Returns Like?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by RichLyons, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

A profit of 90K, on 40K deposited, is a 225% return on the money you needed to make that profit. The fact that the broker leveraged you makes no difference, because you do not owe the broker anything at the end. They fronted you what was required for you to make the profits.

But it is still the same. You invested 40K, made 90K. If he was not leveraged, he would have needed 400K to make 900K. It is still 225% profit.

#31     Jun 7, 2017
  2. Willba

Willba

No we dont provide any capital and yes it is regulated and operates under an AFSL.

#32     Jun 7, 2017
  3. I think a trader's returns can be whatever they make it. Their is no real ceiling on the returns if you know what you are doing. I think 200% is reasonable even in a cash account with no margin. We have just been told that 10 or 12% a year is a appropriate number for resonable risk.

#33     Jun 7, 2017
  4. Willba

Willba

Have seen guys in prop in the first year walk away with 80k and then in there 2nd year hitting 200k

#34     Jun 7, 2017
  5. Well, to go from $80K to $200K in a year you don't need a prop firm....you don't need leverage at all. I think the media has a lot of people stuck in the matrix. People think these are amazing numbers. Develop a strategy and wear the market out. Everyday it's opportunity and it doesn't care who you are or how much you have.

#35     Jun 7, 2017
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  6. Willba

Willba

Exactly, there is a guy in the firm and he trades in the area of 50k a tick in the aussie bond market. Run a very large book...

Ultimately... work is the key.

#36     Jun 7, 2017
  7. zdreg

zdreg

true, however success is accomplished only by outliers.

#37     Jun 8, 2017
  8. I agree, but it's nothing special about the outliers other than they are outliers. The outliers just aren't sleep at the wheel.

#38     Jun 8, 2017
  9. zdreg

zdreg

being fully open to opportunity makes a person an outlier. are you open to opportunity in every area of your life?

#39     Jun 8, 2017
    777 likes this.
  10. Sure

#40     Jun 8, 2017