are people in the US starting to live like people in 3rd world countries

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Overnight

Overnight

There is so much fail here I wouldn't even know where to begin...

"...Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment..."

Am I the only one to see the flaw in that statement?

#31     Oct 7, 2018
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

That's good to know; though the study was on highly fluoridated ground water (high levels); not publicly fluoridated drinking water (dental health levels). Though the scientist do make a point that the toxicity levels need further study.

Read a September 2012 statement by the authors.

--Our study summarized the findings of 27 studies on intelligence tests in fluoride-exposed children; 25 of the studies were carried out in China. On average, children with higher fluoride exposure showed poorer performance on IQ tests. Fluoride released into the ground water in China in some cases greatly exceeded levels that are typical in the U.S. --In general, complete information was not available on these 27 studies, and some limitations were identified. --All but one of the 27 studies documented an IQ deficit associated with increased fluoride exposure. --These results do not allow us to make any judgment regarding possible levels of risk at levels of exposure typical for water fluoridation in the U.S. On the other hand, neither can it be concluded that no risk is present. We therefore recommend further research to clarify what role fluoride exposure levels may play in possible adverse effects on brain development, so that future risk assessments can properly take into regard this possible hazard.

Went digging and here's one from last year w/similar fluoride levels as in the US yet similar neurotoxicity impact.

https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/doi/10.1289/ehp655

I guess I should be filtering my water but the damage is done :D

#32     Oct 7, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Whose forcing people to adopt certain purchasing habits just based on their wealth level?

#33     Oct 7, 2018
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Aw but iPhone looks so cool, so sleek!! LOL

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    #34     Oct 7, 2018
  5. JSOP

JSOP

Glad to see I am not the only one who believes in harmfulness of fluoride. Fluoride is not necessarily a neurotoxin but it is known to cause problems. Sodium Fluoride has been found to cause bladder cancer in lab rats studies. And it's not more effective in protecting teeth against cavities. Fluoride is banned in Europe and yet the number of cavities in the teeth of school children in Germany is lower than that of school children of same age in United States. And not using Fluoride is NOT an indication of United States becoming a 3rd world country, just to answer OP's original comment. LOL

#35     Oct 7, 2018
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Fine, forcing might be a strong word, putting pressure on, expecting,

#36     Oct 7, 2018
  7. ironchef

ironchef

The conservatives would say we are because too many illegals coming from third world countries are living among us and drag us down. The liberals would say the rich are ripping off the middle class, the poor so many of us are having a hard time.

I don't mind living like the people in third world countries. These used to be dirt poor third world countries just a couple of decades ago: Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, China....

Come to think of it, I would rather live like the poor today than the rich back in the 1800s.

I am thankful.

#37     Oct 8, 2018
  8. JSOP

JSOP

FYI Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and even Malaysia are not considered 3rd world countries especially Singapore. Singapore is quite affluent.

#38     Oct 8, 2018
  9. zdreg

zdreg

Jim Rogers sold his house in Manhattan and moved there to raise his children in primarily a Chinese culture.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    #39     Oct 8, 2018
  10. and people in cities run by conservatives are busy exercising their god given right of inbreeding.

#40     Oct 8, 2018