As a day trader scalper is the trend is your friend?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Leob, Dec 1, 2021.

1. rb7

rb7

That what's funny with forums and all those social media, you never know who's hiding behind nickname and avatar.

Let the OP live his dream...:D

#21     Dec 2, 2021
  2. Fonz

Fonz

Sometimes, it is easier than you think: I recognized your socks on your avatar :sneaky:

#22     Dec 2, 2021
    rb7 likes this.
  3. twstn

twstn

The range could be your friend if you are on the correct side of it. Or, it could be your worst enemy if you are on the wrong side of it! :D:sneaky::D

#23     Dec 3, 2021
  4. maxinger

maxinger

the range could be your best friend when
    price moves nicely from the low of the range to the high of the range, then,
    price moves nicely from the top of the range to the low of the range, then,
    price moves nicely from the top of the range to the low of the range, then ...

#24     Dec 3, 2021
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Tradable signal like increasing range, vs choppy noise.

See recent UVXY increased range. I love daytrading it $$$

#25     Dec 4, 2021
  6. p0box4

p0box4

I think it depends on the instrument you are trading.

On NQ i prefer the 5 minute chart since stops need to be just that little bit wider compared to for example ES, NQ is much more volatile and it can hop around quite a lot before taking of in a certain direction. Placing stops too tight on NQ can be fatal.

ES on the other hand trades a bit slower, so the stop can be tighter. On ES i prefer the 1 minute chart.

However lately i have been focussing most of my time on fixed income. Slower, but i find it a bit easier to day trade compared to indexes, they can go out of control from time to time.

#26     Dec 4, 2021
    Leob likes this.
  7. mute9003

mute9003

havent you heard?

#27     Dec 4, 2021
  8. it sounds our dear Leob is a noob (who hasn't seen/experienced all the trials and trickeries in the markets yet).

#28     Dec 4, 2021