Assholes shooting guns on holidays involving fireworks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bugsy, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

Didn't notice until the next day when I saw a hole in my sink in guest bathroom, but couldn't figure out why. Then I saw a small hole in the cabinet of the sink directly parallel. Wheels start grinding. Look parallel from there to the bathroom wall where I see another hole. Follow it to my spare bedroom wall on other side of bathroom, another hole. Follow that across the room to bedroom wall that has outside wall on other side...another hole. Go outside see the hole into my house.

Found the bullet in the shower. The bullet was just above knee level, and would be the level of someone's body lying down sleeping in bed of guest room. Had the bullet continued its trajectory it was moving to be on pace with my head in the living room had I been lying there.

There needs to be more consequences to people shooting guns on New Years Eve/ 4th of July.

Picture of bullet I found in shower

https://ibb.co/x5z7Cn5

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. d08

d08

Things America has in common with the most primitive Middle-Eastern countries.

murray t turtle, tango29 and Bugsy like this.
  3. %%
    Thats a violation of the 10 commandments of gun safety+ i would report that to the police,[or sheriff]/ that kind of shot is not a skybuster, someone is shooting @ you or dumb about a backstop....................................................................................................................

wartrace likes this.
  4. Bugsy

Bugsy

Oh there were several stories of similar occurrences on Reddit. One guy's sister had a bullet go through her kitchen window. Another grandfather aged guy shot his adult daughter. You'd be surprised the idiotic things people do when drunk.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. wartrace

wartrace

I agree. This wasn't some idiot shooting in the air, it was someone shooting AT the house. I am by no means a ballistics expert but an experienced investigator should be able to determine the approximate location of the shooter. Perhaps interviews with people in the area could determine who did it and they could throw their ass in jail where they belong.

6. Bugsy

Bugsy

Heres a post where one came through guys sisters window. Other people saying theyve come through walls.

People aren't going to fire straight up because they're afraid it will come back down on them. They will fire gun pointed over houses but the bullet will come back down.

7. wartrace

wartrace

I picked up on the comment where the OP said it entered parallel to the sink hole. Seems like a pretty flat trajectory. Hard to tell without seeing it. I still urge him to call the police. It looks like a pistol round that wouldn't have enough power to penetrate multiple walls after putting a hole in the sink without having been fired nearby. Seems like someone fired directly at the house.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  8. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

A friend's teenage son was shot in the head by a neighbour cleaning his gun. The kid suffered horribly for months.

It seems like somebody shot at the house alright, not upwards, probably not intentionally just being a moron. Another possibly they fired over a ridge/roof and the bullet drop explains it?

Perhaps an examination by the police of any CCTV neighbours might have in the direction it came from could reveal the shooter.

9. wartrace

wartrace

You would think these idiots would just light off firecrackers considering the price of ammunition these days. I believe it is something Latino's tend to do. We had a case of a local man who was an immigrant that owned a store in town. He was celebrating a birthday with a barbeque and indiscriminate firing of his gun in the air. Neighbors reported gunfire, police were called and the guy ended up shot and killed by officers.

So glad I live rurally. Not only do people practice gun safety but none of them even light off firecrackers.