Atlas Shrugged the movie

Discussion in 'Economics' started by startraitor, Apr 14, 2011.

1. zdreg

zdreg

2. TGregg

TGregg

Actually, it's the many now, not the few. The majority of the population of the United States of America do not work for a living.

But they all vote. Guess which side of the government spending battle they are on?

#12     Apr 14, 2011
  3. Where did you get that idea ?
    From answers.com According to Voting and Regristration Data - US Census 2008, the United States of America voter turnout was 58%.
    And the local and state numbers are probably much lower.

As for When Atlas Shrugged, damn that was a crappy book. It went on and on and on and on, really it went on even more but you get the idea.
    They're going to have to put in some sex, a gun fight and a car chase and a couple of topless scenes to make it watchable. I just got through a few hundred pages before I cried uncle, the remaining 2/3's of the book may be great but the first 1/3 is pure crap. With so many good books out there I can't see spending the time on this one.

#13     Apr 14, 2011
  4. I love the book, it is the very foundation that I now live by.

I have read it 3 times....long and well worth it.

Not sure about the movie, will have to see it.

It is perfect timing for this movie however, i doubt many Americans will see it let alone read the original book.

Most Americans rather see a remake of ROBIN HOOD featuring OBAMA as the "HOOD" himself. As we are now a nation of Freeloaders.

#14     Apr 14, 2011
  5. so you're saying that the land nobility of robin hood's day were not free loaders. Getting fat off the peasants working their land for subsistence pay without working themselves, you sure have a twisted view of reality, but what ever works for you.

#15     Apr 14, 2011
  6. I read it cover to cover several years ago. It doesn't get better.

#16     Apr 14, 2011
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Of course here you mean the bailed out banks and the non-taxed rich, right???

#17     Apr 14, 2011
  8. clacy

clacy

Are you saying that it's morally right to steal from rich people, if you give some of your loot to poor people? You sure have a twisted sense of reality, but whatever bro.

#18     Apr 14, 2011
  9. What foundation is that emg?

#19     Apr 14, 2011
  10. I BELIEVE:

The Foundation of The morality of Capitalism. Not only as a Practical System of Economics but one that its the only true moral social system/contract to live by.

I believe that capitalism is a social system, contract, based on the understanding and recognition of individual rights...RE Rights( to own property). Also that the evil of physical force from "Relationships" is destructive by nature, are rights are violated only by force. IE: THE HEALTH CARE BILL.

No man, group, Gov may use physical force against citizens. Physical in the sense of "Force without touching as well".

There is only one True Function of the GOV. It is to protect the rights of Man/women in a capitalistic system.
    To protect them from from physical force.

In a Capitalistic system, The GOV is an Agent of citizens right to self defense and the use of force only in retaliation ....and only against those who initiate its use IE: THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT, THE SCUM BAG PROGRESSIVES WHO ATTACK OUR RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY, THE SCUM BAG OLD SCHOOL REPUBLICANS WHO ALSO ATTACK OUR RIGHTS...

Also that the Justification of Capitalism is not based on the Altruist claim that it represents the best way to achieve a Common Good".

The idea of a COMMON GOOD is EVIL!

Now, Capitalism can lead to a "Common Good" as a bi-product of its values. But it is not the purpose of Capitalism.

The moral justification of Capitalism is based on the fact that it is the only social system consonant with "Humans" rational nature.
    It protects human kinds survival. And that the ruling principle of Capitalism is Justice.

#20     Apr 14, 2011